Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and the Global Customer Success and Support team is seeking a Zendesk and System Administrator to help our Systems and Knowledge team keep things running smoothly. This position can be remote or local to SF and requires strong knowledge and experience with Zendesk. You are a person who loves a challenge, and a creative problem solver with a eye for understanding scale. Our Zendesk instance is deep with three instances and supporting 4 teams. In addition to Zendesk administration, there are other smaller systems tasks that might be included in the job.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a strong experience in administering Zendesk.
- 3- 5 years in Customer Support environment.
- 5+ years in CRM or CEM administration, preferably Zendesk.
- Experience working with customer and product oriented data.
- Strong background in HTTP, networking, and security.
- Strong analytics skills to create and recognize trends - both positive and negative.
- Positive problem solver who loves the challenge of advancing customer service beyond the status quo.
- Loves being part of a company culture that wildly embraces diversity.
As Zendesk Administrator, you will:
- Maintaining cross-functional instances of Zendesk for other Twilio departments.
- Configure Zendesk for Twilio customer service and third party integrations.
- Maintain a system built for extracting relevant metrics to improve customer service and products.
- Develop and tweak scalable agent workflow for an ever-expanding line of products and services.
- Able to maintain and develop Help Center and Guide integration.
- Organize and prioritize feature implementation and as well team requests.
- Quick responses to administrative requests such as onboarding and off-boarding users, agents, and addressing Zendesk related issues.
- Managing other administrators and other agent roles to their schedules, queues, and other responsibilities.
- Scale to a global level across multiple regions, languages, and timezones.
- Light management of of other miscellaneous systems and system related duties such as updating schedules, onboarding/offboarding staff/clearing non-agent queues.
- Bonus skills:
- Advanced web development skills such as PHP, Java, and CSS.
- Willing to expand into other support tools beyond Zendesk.
- Integration experience with multiple departments using the same Zendesk instance.
- Checking things off your task list gives you a buzz.
Customer Success and Support Systems are critical to giving customers and amazing support xperience. We depend on our systems, such as Zendesk, to operate frictionlessly for our agents and our customers. This means you love not only building improved workflows, but also love the care and pruning to optimize systems.
Whether you work remotely or at Twilio HQ in San Francisco, you will enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited PTO, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience, is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn. More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.