Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Business Development Representative team is a critical component of our go-to-market strategy and presents an outstanding opportunity to learn fundamental sales skills in preparation for an exciting career in software sales. We are looking for a high achieving self-starter who embodies excellent business judgment, leadership, and technical savviness to join our sales team as an intern.
As an intern, you will be apart of the overall Twilio Intern Program. You will work on fun and challenging projects that make a real impact on our customers and revenue. You'll develop and apply skills that will impact your career in a meaningful way. You'll have the opportunity to hang out with and get advice and mentorship from our executives and leaders, both inside and outside the office. You'll participate in fun intern outings, and learn what it means to work at a values ( https://www.twilio.com/company/values ) driven company.
Please note that this internship will take place at Twilio's HQ office from Monday, June 17th through Friday, September 6th (6/17-9/6).
- An insatiable curiosity to learn about Twilio and our customers.
- Ability to understand and articulate the Twilio API.
- Determination, grit, and hustle. You are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Ultimately identify high value opportunities for the New Business sales team from the customers you connect with.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and professional communication skills.
- Current undergraduate student at a 4-year university.
- Coding ability - include your Twilio app if you've built one.
As an intern you will:
- Twilio is looking for a Sales Intern to join the team. We're looking for a hungry, ambitious, and talented individual who has a passion for communications and wants to start their sales career at a world-class sales organization.
- You are right for this role if you're excited by working with customers, exceeding key performance metrics, and contributing back to the team team through various leadership initiatives.
- You are a results-oriented individual who is excited by the prospect of fueling the continued growth and success of Twilio by growing our sales pipeline. You have a "can do" attitude and are relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- Work closely with the Sales team
- Learn fundamental sales skills
- Become an expert on Twilio's platform
- Get in-depth exposure to Twilio's business model
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits and enterprises to make an impact on their services.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values ( https://www.twilio.com/company/nine-values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST