Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Live Chat Team, supporting our customers use of our Console platform while helping customers manage their Twilio products, services, and accounts. This role will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio products. In addition, focus on providing friendly, professional customer service to everyone who chooses to chat with us while fine-tuning our processes to ensure we are consistently exceeding customer expectations.
Twilio is looking for a customer service driven individual who demonstrates a high competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via live chat or email mediums. We seek someone with:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years' experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- Strong problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- Conversational, patient and empathetic, with a positive attitude and great ethics
- People person, with a huge desire to help others succeed.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Ability to de-escalate tense/tough customer situations in a live environment.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- Previous experience in live chat support strongly preferred.
- Previous exposure or knowledge of Twilio products.
- Coding experience in any language.
- Previous experience with JIRA or similar ticketing system.
As a Live Chat Technical Support Engineer you will:
- Assist customers with console interface and help with questions related to account configurations, billing issues, support for various available products and making sure that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience. Keep abreast of Twilio current and upcoming products.
- Understand different use cases, ask probing questions to assist with troubleshooting. Advocate to how Twilio API Operates. Identify, reproduce and escalate technical issues.
- Multi-task between several different customer conversations, while simultaneously using resources such as the website and internal knowledge base to answer customer inquiries. Successfully prioritize multiple and concurrent chats/tickets.
- Perform fine-tuning of Chat operational processes and materials to facilitate value growth for the customer and increased customer satisfaction scores.
- Follow up on some live chat sessions via email as well as managing email communications with other Twilio customers as a tier 1 for billing, account administration, and other Twilio-related questions.
- Work in a fast paced, high volume, changing environment.
This position will be located in (Remote SF or PST Timezone in any green state. Potential swing shift 2PM -11PM PT) You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in time dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.