Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Twilio messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Messaging Services group. In this role, you will design, develop, deploy and operate large scale software solutions and help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency next-generation communications platform.
You should have some or all of the following:
- 5-7+ Years of engineering experience building at-scale software applications
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, etc and/or NoSQL Databases like Cassandra, Elastic Search etc.
- Able to think at scale and meet high availability goals, bringing a focus on solving resiliency, latency and quality challenges in our virtualized cloud environment.
- Strong communicator. Effective in a cross-functional environment, able to balance product and technical requirements, and excel with complex technical discussions with designers, support, and other engineers.
As a new member of this team, you will:
- Define, design and implement new software products to enhance and scale our messaging channels platform.
- Build the technical infrastructure required to merge new communications mediums with the existing Programmable Messaging infrastructure.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, and distributed queuing.
- Lead technical architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions.
Twilio's messaging platform enables companies to integrate omnichannel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. The Messaging team's vision is to build our next generation Messaging platform with new software products to add intelligence and solve use case based problems for our customers, and integrations with new forms of communication, starting with Chat applications (such as Messenger, iMessage, RCS, WhatsApp) and digital assistants (such as Alexa).
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is based out of our SF HQ office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco! You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.