Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a product marketer who understands how to take products to market. You will be on point for everything related to both launches and ongoing marketing programs for our Flex contact center product line. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to take multiple inputs and create a cohesive, broad GTM plan for launch and beyond. You will be required to develop and then coordinate the work of multiple disparate teams.
- You are a strategic thinker--before you leap into action, you can bring in full context to inform decision-making.
- You can plan--you've got the discipline to think through up front what needs to be done, but the agility to pivot when plans need to change.
- You can execute--you're not happy just coming up with the strategy and plan--you want to own making it happen. You think of yourself as a master project manager.
- You are a team player and know how to activate a wide variety of role personas--from product, to marketing, to sales.
- You've worked with technology products that have targeted developers with cloud-based services, especially as horizontal platforms.
- You have experience targeting multiple segments. So in addition to developers, you've worked with technology products that have targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- You have experience working for a contact center software company.
- You understand the global telecommunications provider ecosystem.
- Manage product launches. Create the launch plan and project manage the entire launch, including the virtual team of marketing, sales, and other teams required as part of a powerful launch.
- Work with demand generation teams to help create and execute the campaigns to achieve sales success. Brainstorm campaign identification and determine the content needed for each campaign.
- Work with the marketing and sales teams creating GTM strategy and tactics in support of events, content marketing, and case studies.
- Work in an environment that is always in motion--manage priorities so that you handle top priorities as they crop up, without losing momentum on your long term projects.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform. The Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling, and customer insights.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.