Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your product.
You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate. Working side by side with the engineering manager and tech lead, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for TaskRouter and the broader Programmable Contact Center initiative.
- 7+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have real passion for developer focused products.
- You have experience writing code - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers. You don't need to be a software engineer, but you need to know the difference between a well designed API and one that's not.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are ones where you do both of those things in the same day.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Excel and preferably SQL expertise. The best product managers use a combination of data and gut feel, and know how to get the data from multiple systems when needed.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- We are seeking leaders who have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters. You will lead TaskRouter to fundamentally change an industry.
- Own and execute the roadmap for TaskRouter. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Crafting the developer experience for developers building on TaskRouter
- Distilling the long-term vision and strategy for TaskRouter and our contact center goals, and building the detailed roadmap to get us there.
- Accelerating learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Working with our TaskRouter marketplace partners to build the ideal product experience for the entire ecosystem
Contact Center is one of Twilio's largest use cases, where we are helping companies transform the way they build their customer experiences, from major enterprises like ING to multi-billion dollar software companies like Zillow.
At the very heart of every contact center deployment is TaskRouter. It powers Twilio's biggest and most complex customer deployments. In fact in 2017 it will be Twilio's fastest growing product.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.