Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Customers are at the heart of what we do. The Customer Experience team owns the end-to-end customer experience and works with internal teams to close the gaps and make every encounter as seamless as possible. CX accomplishes these goals by developing strong customer feedback loops, combining qualitative and quantitative data to drive insights and decisions, and delivering active changes in organization, process and infrastructure. The Sr CX Product Manager will be at the heart of delivering changes to meet our customer expectations.
Product managers come from a variety of backgrounds. Our ideal applicant:
- 5-8 years experience building software as a product manager, founder or engineer in a fast-paced company.
- Has successfully led multiple software or SaaS products from ideation through GA/launch at both large and small companies.
- Experience with and affinity for simplifying customer experience through data products
- Sufficient familiarity with programming, APIs and frameworks to understand how customers create with Twilio.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, ready to assemble and motivate cross-functional teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to foster alignment and a sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to distill key takeaways quickly.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, have a bias for action, and adapt their playbook when necessary.
As a Senior Product Manager on the Customer Experience team, you will be expected to:
- Own your Product Vision and execute on your Roadmap- and communicate both effectively throughout the organization.
- Define and confirm what your products and services will accomplish, prioritize their features, and craft your user experience.
- Maintain laser focus on concepts, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to Twilio stakeholders -learn and adjust frequently.
- Distill complex and ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team-participate in Agile/Scrum teams.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release-ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- Accelerate learning on new products by gathering user feedback and building a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
The Customer Experience team enables the voice of the customer to inform every element of Twilio's decision-making. During this exploration, we identify opportunities to make the experience more seamless, intuitive and productive for the customer. The Sr Product Manager will play a critical role in conceptualizing, testing and implementing solves to meet the expectations of our developer and enterprise customers alike.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.