Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a technical product marketer with a passion for managing programs to take products to market. In this role, you will be the technical marketing lead for our Programmable Messaging product, which includes SMS, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and other channels. You will also be responsible for competitive marketing and GTM activities around launches and other components. We don't have hard and fast requirements - everyone is different. We are looking for you to demonstrate whether you have the core attributes of a great product marketer.
- You can get things done. We want to talk about how you manage projects.
- You are technical--you like learning how to build things with your product and figuring out how best to demonstrate the benefits of the product.
- You know how to turn a story into a presentation. You are great at driving graphical representations of concepts.
- You know how to enable and educate internal audiences about how to position competitively.
- You've worked with technology products that have targeted developers with cloud-based services, especially as horizontal platforms.
- You have experience targeting multiple segments. So in addition to developers, you've worked with technology products that have targeted enterprises via direct, online, and channel strategies.
- You understand the global telecommunications provider ecosystem.
- You have experience with the voice or text messaging market.
- You have a good understanding of Twilio's value prop and the apps that have already been built. You can build a Twilio app yourself.
- Work with demand generation teams to help create and execute the campaigns to achieve sales success.
- Have the technical skills and marketing sense to craft sales demo flows and scripts.
- Have top-notch presentation skills so you can stand in front of any customer or executive and make the case for your product.
- Manage product launches.
- Work with the marketing and sales teams creating GTM strategy and tactics in support of events, content marketing, and case studies.
- Own competitive analysis for your product, working with other marketing teams to create competitive assets.
- Work in an environment that is always in motion--manage priorities so that you handle top priorities as they crop up, without losing momentum on your long term projects.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform. The Product Marketing team at Twilio is responsible for defining the next chapter of customer engagement through world-class messaging and positioning, storytelling and customer insights.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Product Marketing team plays an integral role in talking to and listening to customers, to understand their delights, needs and frustrations; and using that to inform the product narrative.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.