Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We're looking for a Product Designer to join Twilio's Identity team to design a world-class Identity and Access Management (IAM) experience. This includes features tailored for our largest enterprise-level customers to make complex identity and access management tasks appear simple, all the way to re-envisioning our login flow that every customer touches. In this role, you will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to discover, define, and design experiences that enable Twilio's customers to configure, manage and operate their customer communications. The ideal candidate will be able to think holistically about design across complex architecture and take a human-centered approach with a systems-level mindset to design, build and iterate engaging enterprise interfaces that scale with large data sets while maintaining simplicity.
Twilio is seeking a Product Designer with:
- A strong interest in information architecture, attention to detail, and a drive to reduce product complexity into simple and intuitive experiences.
- Experience building and evolving enterprise application software in a fast-past environment.
- Comfortable with both high-level vision and detail-focused execution with potentially ambiguous and changing product requirements.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design methodologies and usability principles.
- Strong communication and organization skills, and advocacy for design methodologies and processes.
- Solid ability to present work, defend your decisions, and receive feedback gracefully.
- Understand and able to work within technical constraints, business requirements, and tight deadlines.
- Fluency in current software development tooling and production environments including Sketch, Abstract, InVision, and JIRA.
- Possess a related degree or equivalent experience in software interface design and/or development.
As a Designer on the Identity team, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across the company to design new products and improve existing ones.
- Define, design, review, test and specify interfaces, components, systems, frameworks and tools for developer experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including user research, agile design iteration, rapid prototyping, and usability testing.
- Work daily with Product and Engineering teams, in an agile environment, to build efficient interface solutions within technical & time constraints.
- Collaborate with other Product Designers and participate in Design Critiques to ensure consistency across Twilio products.
- Engage with our developer community to understand their needs and design products and workflows to unlock their potential.
- Regularly use, improve, and contribute to Twilio's Console Design System.
- Present designs to stakeholders at various stages throughout the design process.
The Identity team's mission is to ensure Twilio fits into the workflows of our customers by providing the ability to model complex company structures and granular permissions on our platform. We focus on building features that are easy to get started, while also scales to the complex needs as our customers grow. The Identity team is a key part of every customers' experience with Twilio, which offers a huge opportunity to make a large impact for our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Product Design plays a critical role in designing the experience that allows our developer community to meet their communication needs.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.