Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is rapidly growing and is looking to build a world class People Operations function with exceptional HR service to employees and managers globally. People Operations is a valued function and is looking for a strong team to help us build for scale. It's a fantastic opportunity for you to make a direct impact on the company with the support and autonomy to make things happen! Twilio is focused on optimizing, globalizing, and taking on new employee services higher up the People services value chain.
As the People Operations Specialist, you will bring a skillset of strong customer service, detail orientation, strong communication skills, and a broad understanding of HR processes and systems. We seek someone that:
- Must have previously demonstrated effective multitasking, interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple stakeholders, projects, and tasks
- Brings curiosity, and desire to find opportunities for improvement
- Must have experience with Workday, data and reporting
- Keen to continue learning and developing their skills, having a growth mindset
- Proactive and communicative, prioritizing employee and customer communications and service
- Detail oriented with an understanding of the HR ecosystem (payroll, IT, compensation, benefits)
- 3+ years' experience in an HR or Operational environment handling coordination, process ownership, project tasks, and direct customer/employee questions
- Understanding and experience with HR systems and processes
As a People Operations Specialist, you will:
- Partner closely with other People functions and HRBPs to drive and execute HR Operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience, and data integrity.
- Leverage the HRIS system to perform transactions, support employees, and internal clients
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, leveraging HR systems to automate and eliminate manual work where possible.
- Provide guidance and assistance for employees and managers on core HR policies and processes
- Document and maintain and communicate core HR processes to users and partners
- Work cross-functionally and across regions to define, build, rollout, and support employee support processes, with a goal to automate and scale.
- Participate in system testing and support for HR Operations related program rollouts, new systems and processes
- Maintain confidentiality of core HR data and projects
- Provide administration, communication, and processing in support of the following core HR processes:
- Pre and Onboarding new hires (system entry and paperwork validation)
- Background check administration
- Work authorization and visas
- HR System data checks, entry, and audits in Workday
- Termination processes
- Employment Verifications
- Employee records
Provide Level 1 and Level 2 HR support directly to employees and internal partners related to questions concerning:
- HR Policies
- Background Checks
- HR Systems (Workday, Greenhouse)
- General HR related questions
- Mobility and Immigration
The daily processes of people operations is the backbone of core HR functions, from hiring and promoting employees, to ensuring the The People Team is on a mission to develop a world class People Operations organization. You will have a direct impact in the creation of Best Practices and building the foundation for an effective People Operations organization.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.