Partner Solutions Engineer San Francisco
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a new Partner Solutions Engineer who is responsible for supporting partner revenue growth & success by helping partners understand, assess and build with the Twilio platform to deliver the next generation of enterprise software and services practices. As a Partner Solutions Engineer, you will responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at ISV and reseller accounts. You will also be responsible for enabling systems integrators to successfully co-sell with Twilio.
The Twilio Partner Solutions Engineer is both highly technical and a skilled relationship builder. You will be working with partners who have maturing technical expertise, and you will need to collaborate with them across multiple technical threads, such as use case design, engineering team education, new technologies pilots and more.
Twilio is looking for a Partner Solutions Engineer with a proven track record in a technical pre-sales role.
- 5+ years pre-sales experience selling a complex, technical product
- Hands-on, high-energy, passionate and creative problem solver with know how to get things done and ability to lead others to success
- Excellent communicator and presenter able to gain audience confidence
- Ability to build a deep understanding of an enterprise's communications needs and guide them to a technical solution
- Previous software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Experience building with REST APIs
- Cloud platform experience (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline is helpful
- Telecom, SIP, Contact Center, and Security experience is a plus
- You will be traveling 20-30% of the time with this role
A typical daily activity for you includes:
- Be a trusted technical advisor to Twilio partners building commercial, enterprise-quality apps and practices on the Twilio platform.
- Prototyping & building/presenting demos using Twilio technologies
- Demonstrate your React experience speaking with a partner about Twilio Flex
- Assist with partner hackathons and show your understanding of commercial software development practices, methodologies, and tools.
- Understand partner requirements and communicate the business value of solving technology problems using cloud communications technology.
- Quickly learn new products and new technologies.
- Coach the design and deployment of partner software solutions
- Drive, design and document technical design reviews and marketecture to show partners how to leverage specific Twilio functional to build out product use cases.
- Distill and communicate partner needs and product feedback to partner technical strategy lead.
- Excellent presentation, demonstration, and inter-personal communication skills; experienced speaker at company events.
The Twilio Partner Team is on a mission to hire the very best and to create exceptional employee experiences. You will have an incredible impact in the partner space and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Denver, Dublin, Hong Kong, Irvine, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.