Twilio.org is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to drive execution on field and content marketing for Twilio's social impact business unit. The person in this position will play a key role driving success at our premier user conference, Signal, and in supporting our go to market activities.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, small teams environment. They have exemplary communication skills and can navigate across a matrixed organizational structure. We're looking for someone who can work self-sufficiently, manage up, and support a cross-functional team. This role requires a candidate who is motivated, agile, with strong time management, creative, project management and problem-solving skills.
This position will report to the Sr. Marketing Manager for Twilio.org.
- Field marketing or event management experience.
- Project management experience.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to effectively communicate with customers and management.
- A nose for copywriting that's professional and approachable.
- Motivated by achieving goals, with high personal standards for work quality.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and requests in a fast-paced environment and anticipate the needs that aren't on the list.
- Ability to plan all event related details but able to adapt and execute when unexpected change occurs.
- Execute on event strategy, tactical plans, and project management to ensure success at our premier annual user conference, SIGNAL.
- Research and manage vendors and services.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Twilio marketing teams on execution of event logistics and associated content development.
- Coordinate team meetings, assign tasks, and hold people accountable for assignments.
- Manage projects through cloud tools such as Asana, Confluence, and Jira.
- Coordinate with external audiences on speaking engagements, including outreach, logistics, and ongoing coordination through to event.
- Plan and develop marketing materials such as social posts, newsletters, sales collateral, and blogs while ensuring a consistent voice throughout.
- Experience with Keynote, Adobe Suite a plus.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.