Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a hands-on internal communications manager to help build strategic programs that keep its employees (1,400+ globally) connected and aligned to Twilio's mission to Fuel the Future of Communications. This role sits on the Corporate Communications team and reports to the Director of Internal Communications. We are a small but mighty Corporate Communications team focused on both building and telling stories that resonate with all of our key audiences including press, industry analysts, and employees.
Twilio is looking for an experienced communicator with the following skill sets:
- Event management experience a must - you will spend at least 50% of your time producing high quality, memorable employee events.
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Project management capabilities
- A hawk's eye to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at one time
- Ability to understand the unique Twilion audience
- Effective collaboration skills, representing our function as a strategic and supportive partner across the business
- Craft and tell a compelling story
- 6-8 years of internal and/or executive communications experience
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field ideal
- BONUS POINTS: Executive communications experience
The person who fills this role will play a crucial part in connecting Twilions to our company's mission, vision, and goals using the voice of our shared company culture. In 2017, we hired our first internal communications leader to build and scale the company's internal communications function. In that short time, Twilio has doubled its employee population, greatly increasing the number of stakeholders, projects to be done, and the need to better operationalize what we do. There are a ton of strategic, rewarding, and exciting projects to work on!
The person in this role will:
- Produce Twilio's bi-weekly company All Hands meetings: Manage end to end, from agenda creation and selecting speakers, to developing and managing the run of show, to logistics, to promotion, to collecting and acting on employee feedback. Each All Hands involves working cross-functionally with our IT department, product teams, HR team, executive admins, and others to ensure the event comes off without a hitch and that every Twilion, no matter where they're located, has a memorable experience and stays connected to our culture.
- Annual all-company kick off event: Assist internal communications team leader with the entire planning process and with execution, from content to production.
- Draft and disseminate timely communications around important company updates (i.e. product launches, key company initiatives, organizational changes, etc.)
- Assist internal communications team leader to determine ongoing communications needs and develop strategies and plans to address those
- Collaborate with our Culture and Inclusion team on the varied programs to engage employees across the company
We have a strong internal culture and democratic communications environment at Twilio. Our employee population grew by 50% in 2018 and promises to continue on that trajectory, in addition to closing our biggest acquisition to date, SendGrid, which includes another 450 employees. Our population is becoming increasingly diverse in terms of technical vs non-technical employees, as well as geographically as Twilio grows. We are constantly adapting to meet the needs of our highly dynamic company; this means continually thinking and planning at scale. It's challenging but incredibly interesting and fun!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.