Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Global Diversity Events Manager who will sit on the Culture and Inclusion team and report to the Senior Talent and Employer Brand Manager. The role will play a vital role in driving diversity and inclusion at Twilio through events, and helping us scale our growing Twilio After Hours program.
Twilio is looking for a Global Diversity Events Manager with a background in planning and executing diversity events to drive our company-wide diversity and inclusion initiatives and programs. You will be responsible for building and scaling our Twilio After Hours program as well as elevating our program to new heights. Through this role, you will work to ensure that our event strategy drives towards achieving our 2023 diversity goals.
We seek someone with:
- Background in Marketing or Event Planning/Management
- Strong knowledge of producing high quality integrated event experiences ranging from small events to large scale productions
- Experience with planning D&I events geared towards underrepresented communities
- Demonstrated success with leading diversity and inclusion initiatives that resulted in positive business outcomes
- Highly motivated and creative professional with demonstrated event, project/budget management, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask, and follow through with team members to achieve individual and group goals
- Strong negotiator and skilled at working with/managing external vendors
- Highly skilled at interpreting data and trends to develop insights, tell stories, drive decisions and measure impact
- Past experience working with event planning tools e.g. Eventbrite, Splash, Salesforce.com or Survey Monkey
- Experience developing promotional content for channels such as email, social, and web.
If you like planning events and seeing the direct impact of your work, this role is for you. As a Global Diversity Events Manager focused on Diversity events, you will run our Twilio After Hours program. You will be responsible for the following:
- Championing diversity and inclusion internally and externally via Twilio After Hours
- Developing and implementing our quarterly Twilio After Hours events including planning, program management, stakeholder engagement, speaker outreach, logistics, developing content, marketing and other core elements to successfully meet event objectives
- Creating a comprehensive Twilio After Hours playbook to scale our program globally
- Building strong relationships with core team members, key stakeholders and vendors to ensure we produce high quality and relevant events
- Collaborating with the Recruiting team to ensure our event strategy aligns with our talent attraction strategy and recruiting goals.
- Support the Recruiting team's external diversity events efforts.
- Managing relationships with key partners and external organizations to cultivate strong relationships with underrepresented communities and enhance Twilio's employer brand to new audiences
- Growing our Twilio After Hours brand by owning our website, social channels and creating informational and compelling content to drive awareness and promote our events.
- Analyzing data, tracking trends, documenting best practices and managing post-event feedback
- Travel as required - expect 50%
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Global Diversity Events Manager who will sit on the Culture and Inclusion team and help us scale our growing Twilio After Hours program. Twilio After Hours brings diverse communities together for a night to remember and with each event, we strive to meet our diversity goals. This role will play a vital role in driving diversity and inclusion at Twilio.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.