Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is rapidly reenvisioning its internal systems on our newest product, Flex . We are looking for a strong full-stack engineer with strong backend familiarity to help us envision the next phase of how we help our customers using Twilio front end and backend technologies and platforms. We are looking for a creative problem solver and proactive tinkerer to reinvent the agent and customer experience at scale.
We're looking for versatile, full-stack software engineer with strong front end experience with product thinking eager to help us push our systems to the next level by combining Twilio, existing CRMs, and the customer Twilio data platforms using Twilio Flex.
- You are versatile, ready to learn and execute on all levels of software engineering: from front-end and UX to back-end and databases, from low-level optimizations and debugging to architecture and system design, from slinging code to operations and assuring quality of your work.
- You have passion about full-stack web development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new frameworks and technologies.
- You are product focused, taking pride and ownership of beautiful user interfaces that will create a frictionless experience for Twilio employees and set the example to other companies looking to do the same with Twilio Flex.
- You are customer focused and have empathy for our customer's needs and their businesses enabled by the Twilio platform.
- You understand that Twilio Support is the key to lasting trust and relationships for our customers.
- You must have previous experience working on Contact Center, CRMs and call center infrastructure.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a Full-stack Engineer, you will be part of the Support Team building tools and systems that will speed up the efficiency of our agents with great design, stability, and scale. Ideally you are passionate about:
- User experience. You love intuitive, fluent and responsive user interfaces. You know how to build fast-rendering reusable and extendable front-end components using React, Vue or Angular.
- Backend. You have experience in designing and implementing back-end services to power eb clients.
- Testing. You are passionate about code quality and take pride in having great test coverage through all aspects of software development. You are able to design and develop quality testing pipelines that require as little human intervention as possible.
- Security. You possess a security first mentality and know what it takes to design systems that keep our customer's trusted data safe.
- Agile. You are an expert in practical aspects of running Scrum (or other agile methodologies) within a team and in a distributed cross-team environment.
Customer Support is the most critical part to earn customers' trust. If we don't answer questions correctly or efficiently or maintain our speedy response times, customers will become frustrated, and worse, look elsewhere for their needs. How our agents respond, what they use to assist customers and the speed at which they can access that information it is critical to our success as a company.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn. More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By
making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.