Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio, we believe in utilizing our business as a force for good. We are committed to tackling our world's most critical social issues through our product, capital and people. We are looking for a passionate Employee Impact Manager to lead our employee social impact program. This person will be responsible for creating, scaling and executing meaningful volunteer programs globally that maximize employee participation and engagement while also making a difference in our communities.
Twilio is looking for a passionate, enthusiastic program manager who believes that we can change the world by inspiring employees to make a meaningful difference in our communities.
- 3-5 years working in the corporate social impact, nonprofit or foundation space
- Experience coordinating a wide variety of employee social impact programs, including but not limited to skills-based volunteering, matching gifts, employee giving disaster relief efforts, innovative nonprofit partnerships
- Understands how to create volunteer programs that create shared value for our community, employees and organization
- Organized and detail oriented. This person loves managing small and large scale projects, paying close attention to the details and flawless execution
- S/he/they are outgoing and get energy from interacting with people on a daily basis, inspiring engagement and participation from small 1-1 conversations to larger all-employee events
- Ability to navigate the needs and interests of employee communities across the globe
- Knowledgeable about the cutting edge tools for measuring employee impact and engagement
As the Twilio.org Employee Impact Manager, you will:
- Help Twilio employees make a meaningful difference by organizing and executing volunteer activities globally
- Partner with nonprofits, B corporations, and social enterprises to create meaningful ways our employees can make a difference
- Design and execute new ways to engage our employees in social impact work outside of traditional programs
- Create a structure for organizing, communicating and executing activities globally where Twilio.org doesn't have team members on the ground
- Promote opportunities to get involved through engaging internal communications and external marketing campaigns
- Share the story of our social impact work inside and outside of the organization as a means of inspiring greater action and outsized impact
- Work collaboratively across departments, keeping in mind interdependencies needed for successful implementation
- Travel required 15% of the time
The Twilio.org team is a strategic component for identifying and creating opportunities to connect high impact organizations with Twilio's unique resources including our technology, employee expertise, developer network, and capital. By continuously identifying strategic opportunities where our assets can have an outsized impact in our communities, we can overcome some of the world's most pressing environmental and social challenges.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogota, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.