Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Growth team at Twilio is looking for a marketing strategist to lead our digital tactics for customer acquisition, engagement, and success. By growing our top of funnel, reducing friction in the onboarding process, and enabling customers to launch on the Twilio platform, you will directly contribute to our company's growth goals.
The right candidate for this role is a proven marketer who uses a combination of customer empathy and analytical prowess to uncover opportunities. By analyzing data across multiple systems, making recommendations to guide investments, and aligning cross-functional teams toward one mission, you will enable product managers, engineers, and marketers to achieve the Growth team's objectives. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
- You have at least 4 years of demonstrable experience in digital acquisition
- You have excellent analytical skills, and are proficient in the language of your choice (SQL, R, etc.) to extract data and mine them for insights.
- You enjoy poring through complex analyses, and are able to distill and convey a concise narrative. You are encouraged to act as an owner, and drive cross-functional teams towards common goals.
- An undergraduate degree in economics, engineering, sciences, or finance.
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Heap is a plus, but a desire to learn is a must
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate ourvalues ( http://www.twilio.com/values ), enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, "draw the owl", and adapt their playbook when necessary.
Partnering with our web, demand gen, and product marketing teams, you will analyze our top-of-funnel to identify opportunities, drive consensus amongst teams to prioritize enhancements, validate hypotheses by methodically planning and analyzing the results of A/B tests, and align teams to implement your winning ideas. Specifically, you will:
- Advocate for web visitors by learning what different personas seek, understand what kinds of content they engage with, identify opportunities for personalization via content, and help our content teams prioritize what to write by quantifying downstream impact.
- Analyze and improve our digital strategy for acquiring and activating new customers. You will do this in a few different ways: accelerate our organic traffic by monitoring SERPs, identify and prioritize keyword opportunities, optimize click-paths through content and forms to drive down our CPA, and lead the instrumentation and evangelize the use of UTM codes to report on performance by channel
- Propose and execute A/B tests to increase conversion rates on our website and in our product UI
For anyone interested in building a career in Growth, this role is an excellent chance to learn alongside a team that is already executing at a high level. We've already chalked up wins in SEO, website conversion, signup volume, and user activation....and we're just getting started.
Your insights, ideas, and leadership will carry Twilio to the next level of our trajectory. Because Twilio is fueling the future of communications, we have an impactful narrative that attracts millions of visitors and leads. That makes this role attractive for marketing professionals who take a data-driven approach to optimizing a funnel. Small changes can make a big difference.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world's developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers' experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogota,Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world's telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world's most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry -- from emerging leaders to the world's largest organizations -- to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.