Twig Education creates and delivers award-winning K-12 STEM programs to over 60 countries in 19 languages. We use a unique storytelling approach which structures learning around a narrative to aid student sensemaking and heighten engagement.Our goal is to create a scientifically literate society by inspiring the next generation of scientists and engineers.
We are currently looking to recruit experienced freelance 6-8 Curriculum Developers to develop our Twig Science curriculum content for middle school learners.
- Producing a year-long curriculum for Grade 6, 7 or 8 which covers the NGSS standards.
- Generating and evolving ideas for integrated science projects for 6-8 classrooms
- Managing a team of writers to develop teaching and learning materials for the curriculum, including lesson plans, video and interactive briefs
- Ensure the successful integration of meaningful assessment throughout the curriculum
- Work with specialists to integrate EL, equitable representation and access requirements into the curriculum
- Provide constructive feedback and critique of ideas
- Incorporate feedback from the testing of activities and project concepts
A successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years experience teaching STEM subjects at Grades 6-8
- Ongoing engagement with learners in a classroom or elsewhere
- 3+ years experience of curriculum development within STEM
- Demonstrable understanding of what makes an engaging science lesson
- Demonstrable understanding of the needs of diverse learner groups
- Knowledge of different state and NGSS requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience of managing teams
- Ability to problem-solve pragmatically
- Ability to manage the requirements of multiple stakeholders
Salary: Competitive equivalent to daily rate.
Contract terms: full-time contract
Contract Duration: 12 months
Project Start date: Summer 2019
Apply via our Online Application Form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/d1f9acda66df4485a4c3f55c6c6e3342
Deadline for applications Friday, April 19
Job Type: Contract
- Curriculum Development: 1 year (Preferred)