The position: Executive Director: Responsible for the day to day operational leadership and management of the Association, including the development, delivery, and evaluation of programs and services to TVTA and its membership. Additionally, the position must ensure financial planning, accounting, grant proposals, grant applications, post reports, administration & communications of all committee activities for the Association.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and provide leadership to contract staff, agencies, suppliers and volunteers;
- Develop and implement annual work plan including a prioritized schedule of projects and initiatives in consultation with TVTA committees and Board of Directors;
- Develop and deploy marketing plans, newsletters, social media;
- Track, analyze and report performance of marketing initiatives and events;
- Manage media relations, press releases;
- Maintain the Association's website, databases, contact lists, files, event records;
- Research opportunities for new tourism product development and marketing channels;
- Manage the Tourism office; answer incoming calls, mail, email and all related communications;
- Coordinate the distribution of TVTA tourism information with the various delivery services;
- Foster the Association's membership relations, manage the member files and annual renewal process;
- Work pro-actively to expand the resources available to the Association by expanding the membership base and seeking out new partnerships with the public and private sectors;
- Set up E-ticketing for passport programs and manage guest correspondence;
- Prepare and maintain an annual budget with quarterly estimates for Board of Directors;
- Work with the bookkeeper to review and maintain accounting;
- Oversee and manage banking and bill payments for the Association;
- Review the strategic plan and provide updates to the Board of Directors, including execution and deployment of the plan as approved by the Board;
- Prepare minutes for Board and Committee meetings and circulate as required;
- Oversee all aspects of General Membership meetings including the Annual General Meeting.
- Develop expertise in the tourism market segments to maintain a strong position throughout the Niagara Region and beyond;
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with regional tourism partners (the Regional Tourism Organization, sector associations and local municipalities), identify and foster new relationships within the industry;
- Work with partners in identifying event and tourism marketing opportunities;
- Undergraduate University Degrees or College Diploma in Marketing, Tourism or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience in tourism, marketing and or sales management positions;
- Ability to build relationships and partner effectively with multiple organizations, stakeholders and with the membership base;
- Strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines;
- Strong oral/written communication skills, excellent English skills;
- Demonstrate the ability to execute and successfully implement strategic plans;
- Excellent leadership and negation skills;
- Results oriented individual with a reputation for integrity, innovative thinking, sound judgment, objective decision making and the ability to communicate a consistent brand message;
- An understanding and experience with Town Council and municipal procedures;
- A firm understanding of challenges related to tourism and events;
- Demonstrated skills in finance and government funding agreements;
- Accounting or budget experience an asset.
Applicants for this position are asked to submit a cover letter and resume clearly outlining qualifications and experience by Wednesday June 12th, 2019 at 5:00 PM.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Only applicants legally eligible to work in Canada should apply. No foreign applicants will be sponsored.
No Recruiters or Phone Calls Please.
About Twenty Valley Tourism Association
The Twenty Valley Tourism Association is a membership driven association and the Destination Marketing Organization for West Niagara. The purpose of the Association is to promote Niagara's Twenty Valley as a destination through marketing and special events. The corporation is managed by full-time staff with direction from its governing volunteer Board of Directors. The Association is supported by its members, stakeholder sponsorship, government funding and the Town of Lincoln.
Niagara's Twenty Valley encompasses Grimsby, Beamsville, Vineland, Jordan and St. Catharines and offers unique experiences from the serenity of rustic nature trails to signature wine touring and exquisite boutique shopping. Premier golf courses, heritage sites, museums and art galleries are nestled in the heart of Twenty Valley. An exceptional selection of prestigious inns, enticing bed & breakfasts, lovely hotels and campgrounds offer fabulous getaways. Our farm fresh produce and culinary delights are second to none.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Preferred)