We are seeking a Scientific Python Developer to collaborate with our Deep Learning experts and transform our advanced technology into production ready software. You will be working on all aspects of our software: real-time inference stack, neural-network-tooling and embedded hardware targets, so experience with fault-tolerant, highly distributed, asynchronous, real-time systems is highly desirable.
You will be an advocate of high-quality engineering and best-practice in production software as well as rapid prototypes. You must be a strong communicator who can explain what is required to build and deliver great software products. You will promote test-driven-development and other Agile best-practices for ensuring the software is resilient enough for our scientists and customers to depend upon.
Employment Term: Full-time, permanent
Experience: 2+ years
Education: BSc/MSc in an applied quantitative field
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be participating in the development and continuous improvement of our live system / real-time-inference stack (“Tyqoon”)
- Allowing Tyqoon to influence research (for example, helping researchers to understand how fluctuations in the frame-rate affect the inference)
- Allowing research to influence Tyqoon (for example, making it possible for researchers to try out a feature that requires re-engineering some parts of Tqoon)
- Facilitating the generation of customer demos and products (which besides training networks often require modifications to Tyqoon)
- BSc/MSc in applied quantitative field i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering etc
- Strong scientific computing background (Numpy, Scipy etc)
- Linux knowledge: kernel-space vs. user-space, filesystems, cron-jobs, unix permissions, systemd, daemons, process-model
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Experience with cloud based servers and automations: AWS, ansible, Travis.ci
- Some experience with deep learning frameworks: e.g. Tensorflow, Torch/PyTorch, Chainer, MXNet, Caffe etc..
- Some experience with fault-tolerant, distributed, asynchronous, real-time systems: specifically using ZMQ
- Experience with Agile Development (Dailys, Plannings, Reviews, Retrospectives) and its toolchain (e.g. Git workflow)
- A problem-solving mind set with an agnostic approach to languages and technology
- A sharpness of thought and proactive mindset, with a strong focus on effective output and project completion.
- You will be joining a company that is helping shape the future of advanced machine learning systems that understand video
- Work in a results driven environment that offers flexible hours, autonomy and responsibility
- As a young tech start-up, the career growth potential is limitless! Everyday will present a new opportunity to contribute your ideas, learn from ours and grow together
- Become part of a friendly, diverse team that values trustworthiness, a pioneer spirit and encourages a healthy work-life balance
- Have an immediate impact: your voice will be heard, your opinion will matter, and your ideas will change things
- Work in the thriving downtown Toronto core surrounded by Canada’s hottest tech startups
- Bi-weekly team events and monthly team socials
- Highly competitive salary
- Personal development allowance (coverage for conferences, continuing education courses, etc.) and hardware allowance
- Participation in a comprehensive health and benefits plan that is effective from your first day!