OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox Corporation is seeking a Vice President of Customer Care Operations to direct all aspects of customer service support for FOX digital offerings, including Sports, Entertainment and News. The VP oversees cost effectiveness, productivity, and the provision of customer support procedures that nurture continuous improvement. This candidate balances customer support strategy with delivery and champions for people management and performance management, while upholding a consumer-centric focus. The success of this role requires ownership of the customer care strategy, ensuring that customer support activities are seen to deliver measurable and significant value to the businesses and are meeting customer loyalty targets.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee and determine key strategic direction and objectives of customer care department.
- Define and is accountable to overall budget, staffing requirements, spending strategies, and P&L that provide for growth, yet drive cost efficiencies.
- Drive necessary changes for the improvement of operating and organizational efficiency of the customer support team.
- Create intentional approaches to shaping the customer journey and advocate for the customer by balancing organizational goals with a frictionless, delightful customer experience.
- Establish policies and procedures that produce high quality customers service delivery and that reflect industry best practices.
- Align customer service activities and initiatives to support and enhance the objectives of the organization.
- Develop service level standards focused on response times and issue resolution, while maintaining cost efficiencies.
- Ensure that systems are in place and are utilized to capture and report on service metrics, including any customer feedback or trends in product or service issues.
- Calculate staffing requirements at the FTE level and assign workforce requirements to one or more vendors, down to the interval level (usually 30 minutes per interval).
- Drive technology roadmaps that support the requirement to maintain regular and effective contact with the FOX digital consumers; utilize in-house capabilities and outsourced vendors/partners to maximize functionality in a cost-effective way.
- Monitor performance of our customer service team and ensure investments in this function are driving positive returns; establish targets and a CS team culture that drives strong results.
- Measure the effectiveness of all customer support approaches and initiatives, leverage recorded interactions of customer to agent correspondence.
- Establish insights and trends in reasons for customer interactions by aggregating results and parsing data by different cohorts.
- Identify strategic questions and ways to resolve unanswered consumer or product-related questions by determining how to apply the data that is being captured in the customer care realm independent of or in addition to other data sets in Marketing and Product.
- Establish cadence for daily and weekly readouts with each supplier, ranging from contact centers (BPOs) to data services (developers for Salesforce and similar CRM platforms).
- Determine specific KPIs for each vendor and capture reporting to drive accountability.
- Forecast budgeting requirements, determine cost allocations of each line of business and work with Finance to pay suppliers and manage funds each month.
- Negotiate contracts to expand customer care capabilities and/or improve cost efficiencies in work being outsourced.
Collaboration & Partnerships
- Partner with FOX Sports, Entertainment and News teams to establish expectations of customer service support and provide learnings from voice of the customer.
- Shares insights on service and product trends across the organization, especially with business units, Digital Growth and Product.
- Champion career development programs to retain top talent.
- Successful experience managing, growing and leading high performance, cross-functional teams.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
Level & Role Specific Qualification
- 12+ years of experience in customer support for a business with a fast-paced and competitive environment; must have vast experience in operations and customer analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or equivalent experience/training.
- Proven experience driving positive change and influencing enhanced performance in a customer service department.
- Successful experience mapping consumer journeys and creating customer support strategies.
- Must have a deep understanding of the importance of aligning departmental targets with the business KPIs.
- Previous P/L responsibility with demonstrated understanding of financial metrics, inclusive of cost management, budget setting, customer interaction forecasting and revenue generation.
- Ability to tailor messages for different audiences, bringing out complex concepts in a simple, understandable, convincing manner.
- Clear understanding of the big-picture, with undeniable ability to translate into tactical applications for the day-to-day details.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills (formal and informal); ability to effectively communicate with consumers and convey accurate and high-quality feedback to the businesses that will produce the services being offered to those consumers.
- Technological acumen, with foundational understanding of OTT services and related devices, as well as internet-based offerings.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Change agent who seeks to improve the customer journey by measuring the results of the steps required and initiating improvements that will benefit the customer, while also maintaining budgetary goals.
- Thrive in start-up type environments where you wear many hats and are simultaneously challenged to create order and discipline, while moving fast.
- Desire to understand the big picture and translate that into detailed tactics that will be facilitated by customer care support.
- Care about your team and their diverse perspectives and are invested in their success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.