OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
The Big Ten Network is looking for VP of Business Operations to join their team in Chicago. Reporting directly to the President, this position will partner with the network’s Production, Programming & Digital Media, Marketing, and Advertising Sales departments by providing business support, driving execution of business priorities, and developing business improvement strategies.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the President directly in developing and managing the strategic objectives of the network which support the overall mission statement of the business
- Identify and manage projects that drive business performance, and identify areas for improvement that promote innovation, revenue generation, and cost efficiency
- Oversee functions of business operations, contract management and music administration and licensing - includes coordinating all company meetings, office administration and relationships with property management, negotiating appropriate business agreements including travel partners and managing licensing function for all music used across multiple platforms
- Oversee event planning at BTN (large scale network events), including driving new opportunities for employee engagement
- Partner with SVP, Production and the FOX Labor Relations and Human Resource departments on freelance and talent employee contracts and collective bargaining negotiations
- Serve as point of contact, in conjunction with the President, to FOX’s affiliate relations and marketing group
- Serve as point of contact for the network with the FOX legal department and participate in business related contract negotiations
- Serve as point of contact for the network with the Fox government relations group
- Leadership of special projects on behalf of the President
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor degree required, MBA or JD a plus
- 10+ years of related business experience, including staff management, and legal/financial experience preferably in the media or sports industry
- Strong analytical skills combined with common sense thinking and the ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated, collaborative individual, with strong project management and organizational skills
- Individual with a positive, can-do attitude that works well under pressure
- Ability to travel for business as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.