OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
We are currently seeking a Freelance Social Content & Listening Specialist to join our team in Los Angeles. This position will be responsible for monitoring social media to identify notable and trending content. The Freelance Social Content & Listening Specialist will take those findings and present them to social and TV producers for integration into FOX Sports World Cup coverage. This role will also be involved in the creation of graphical and video content for FOX Sports digital channels.
- Participate in the execution of social media campaigns for the FOX Sports and FOX Soccer brands and across multiple platforms to engage audience interests and conduct real-time responses with re: to World Cup Soccer: Pursue potential audiences seeking information re: The World Cup and supporting marketing and business objectives via social media correspondence
- Monitor social media for trending content and topics to provide producers with relevant and actionable information
- Work with Social Media Producers / Directors to execute social strategies from inception of campaign thru the tournament
- Manage day-to-day social media engagement during dedicated shifts. This includes understanding World Cup schedules, provide ‘how to watch’ instructions and information for all linear and streaming platforms, understand social content calendars and publishing schedules, social asset availability and management, reporting, etc.
- Work closely with the Social Team to execute a steady stream of relevant and impactful responses tailored to each platform and individual user interaction
- Ensure real-time engagement tactics align with Social and Marketing Team World Cup strategies
- Partner with talent and producers to utilize in response/engagement tactics and execute content strategy via their social media presence
- Identify new social trends, newsworthy topics or memes that bubble up any given time throughout the tournament to ensure Social Team is aware & considering
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years professional social media experience preferred
- Proficiency with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable on Mac; Adobe Production Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, etc.)
- Experience with online marketing, publishing, talent content tools, social analytics tools, and back-end systems across social platforms
- Ability to work as a part of a high-functioning team in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Detail-oriented and the ability to be organized while multi-tasking
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, including social media copy writing and proof reading
- Thorough understanding and interest in soccer is preferred
- Willingness and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.