OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager, Ad Experience & Integrations to drive the Consumer Products & Engineering product strategy, roadmap, technical architecture, and execution/integrations for a variety of new ad experiences and technologies across the solution stack. This includes existing live and video on-demand advertising, as well as development of innovative revenue driving ad products.
We're looking for someone who is hands-on and likes to partner up with advertising colleagues to drive the best practices, lead world class technologies, and live in an advertising ecosystem that balances the needs of our users with advertiser/business expectations. We're passionate about TV and consumer electronics, and we always want to focus on delivering breakthrough products that our audience love and that reflect our brands (FOX Broadcasting, FOX Sports, & FOX News). You will have the unique opportunity to create new revenue streams and advertising models/products and make your mark on optimizing our systems.
If you care about audience experience and want to help us fulfill our mission to ensure live and on-demand streams are delivered in a seamless way at the highest quality and error-free, every time a viewer visits our sites and apps - fulfilling our promise to be “Better than TV." - then we want you on our team.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with FOX advertising teams and lead CPE development and integration of various advertising solutions across client platforms, including Server Side Ad Insertion, User Experience, Measurement Technologies (i.e. VAST, Viewability, etc) and other ad related technologies
- The Ad Platform is well integrated, stable, and provides an excellent user experience, while meeting the business and advertising client expectations/goals
- Collaborate with various teams internally and externally to define, plan, and execute requirements, technical architecture, policies, implementations, KPIs, and overall goals through business stakeholder discussions, competitive analysis and advertising industry research
- Product requirements via user stories and tasks in JIRA and/or Product Requirements Documents (PRD). Technical implementation documents, partnerships with broadcast engineering, overall solutions to complex technical problems
- Work across departments to troubleshoot production advertising issues, collaborate on continuous improvements when issues are discovered, and implement forward looking plans to prevent/minimize issues from impacting the ad experience and revenue
- Ads are delivered as expected. Issues are solved quickly. The ad delivery ecosystem continues to improve over time.
- Implement and evaluate usage and delivery metrics, A/B tests and optimization technologies
- Ongoing ad and revenue optimization plan
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of product management experience driving significant cross-organizational solutions
- Strong understanding of all aspects of digital advertising, the TV Everywhere ecosystem, and OTT
- Subject matter expert on IAB standards, SSAI/CSAI technologies, viewability, digital and linear measurement methods, next generation advertising concepts, etc
- A proven track record of developing and launching successful digital advertising products
- Extensive experience writing product requirements & user stories
- Well-rounded interpersonal skills, and ability to balance multiple projects/priorities in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills; strategic mindset and attention to detail
- Ability to balance short-term goals and long-term vision
- Ability to drive and influence business decisions based on data and metrics
- Basic Excel modeling skills, for developing business cases
- Deep understanding of technologies underlying digital advertising ecosystem including: ad decisioning/insertion solutions, trafficking, metrics, forecasting etc
- Very comfortable working in common Agile tools, including JIRA and Confluence
- Understanding of traditional broadcast systems including: scheduling/trafficking, signal origination/routing, playout, automation, monitoring, SCTE commands, etc
- Advanced skills in Web Analytics systems (e.g. Omniture, Conviva, etc) as well as Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working in both Agile and Waterfall software development processes
- Passion for TV and online video
- Thorough knowledge of prevailing and emerging consumer internet-related technologies and broadcast systems
- Solution-oriented, highly motivated and proactive self-starter
- Strong grasp of information architecture and user interface best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.