OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.
FoxNext Games is seeking a go to market specialist to own Brand and Product Marketing for its next blockbuster game launch. From the same studio behind the hit game “Marvel Strike Force,” this title will be based on the franchise with the largest movie release of all time– Avatar.
Reporting into the Vice President, Marketing, an ideal candidate for this role must be a creative, analytical and detail-oriented self-starter who possesses strong multi-tasking and execution skills. This person should approach challenges with both a holistic and a detailed approach; as you will help manage the global lifecycle of game with a local perspective.
The role requires the potential candidate to build strong internal and external relationships including with Game Developers, Product Management, Business Development, Community, Creative, Consumer Insights, User Acquisition, Licensors, Agencies and other vendors.
The Product Marketing team sits within FoxNext LA’s Marketing organization and touches many cross functional disciplines at the company including the Developers, Product Management, Business Development, Creative, Consumer Insights and User Acquisition. The team represents the consumer voice within the game team, with the goal of influencing game development. We execute streamlined go-to-market plans for game launches and major features releases, which drive consumer awareness; resulting in player acquisition, retention and monetization. The team functions in a fast-paced, open environment where change is constant and ambiguity and nuance reign. Collaborative autonomy and creativity are critical components to success.
- Own all aspects of the marketing launch plan for Avatar Mobile
- Drive go-to-market and product lifecycle management strategy and execution of a live game as a service across multiple mobile products.
- Maintain a relentless focus on top of funnel success, creating and optimizing campaigns to continually drive players through the acquisition, retention and monetization funnel.
- Create and drive integrated marketing campaigns with strong central focuses, executed across multiple channels including paid (digital and traditional) and earned media
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain steady content development across all digital channels
- Manage marketing’s relationship with licensors, collaborating on promotional opportunities and managing brand approvals
- Collaborate with the Consumer Insights and UA Testing teams to inform feature development for the game development team, while ensuring alignment between the product and marketing programs.
- Work with external agencies, Business Development, Public Relations and User Acquisition to create awareness of games through external channels
- Work with Art teams to develop marketing assets from concept to execution that are clear, concise and creative
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape and market trends.
- Coordinate with Live Operations for managed games to drive events that focus on both the acquisition of new users and the engagement of existing users
- Leverage data to inform future campaigns and to measure and refine existing ones
- Test and Optimize the game’s presence on the App Store and Play store via constant testing, refinement and evolution
- Bachelor’s degree is required with 5-8 years of work experience
- Master’s degree or MBA is preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in the consumer facing product marketing function of a company, preferably in online entertainment products.
- Gaming industry experience required, mobile gaming experience strongly preferred
MUST Have Experience:
- Deep understanding of the product marketing of Video Games, preferably mobile games
- Experience working closely with game development teams
- Experience significantly contributing to the Go-to-Market plan for a product launch or major release, with a high preference for experience launching a mobile game
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing projects from conception through completion with internal and external stakeholders
- Creative skills including ability to generate new ideas and work cross-functionally to fully flesh out an idea into a campaign plan
- Analytical skills, particularly using data analytics to hypothesize solutions and measure results
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to work across teams & geographies
- Ability/Experience interfacing with licensors
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Passion for consumer entertainment and video games
- Knowledge of mobile gaming and active player of mobile games
- Love/Knowledge of the Avatar universe
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.