OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
The Consumer Products & Engineering (CPE) team is looking for a skilled and innovative Product Manager, Sports Web with strong leadership skills to join our rapidly growing team. The Product Manager will be focused on Fox Sports which is the global innovator in sports production and we are looking to maintain our creative excellence in the digital world with the consumer products that we create for our customers. You will help define the interactive experiences that we create. You are expected to detail specifications for product concepts that enable FOX Sports to stand out from the competition and that leverage emerging technologies and consumer preferences. The successful candidate has a demonstrable track record of successfully conceptualizing and launching various features across desktop and mobile web. You must be a self-motivated, team player partnering with various product managers across the organization to contribute to the overall business objectives of the organization.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and own the product vision and roadmap for foxsports.com keeping your colleagues up to date on your top level goals, timelines, and progress.
- Act as the key liaison representing CPE between Fox Sports editorial, business development and partnerships, ad sales, and analytics to gather requirements to feed into the overall roadmap
- Help lead the product development process from discovery to release
- Produce detailed written specifications for web and mobile app products
- Gather requirements to define minimum viable product and phasing
- Perform thorough user acceptance testing with strong attention to detail and performance
- Partner with engineering managers for sprint planning and manage expectations with other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Participate and/or lead product brainstorming sessions
- Prioritize requests and ideas, and ship experiments in partnership with our growth and data science team to test bold product hypotheses designed to improve the overall experience
- Stay current on digital development practices and the technology industry
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's or Master's degree
- 2-5 years of full-time digital product management experience
- Experience working on video streaming apps and has a strong understanding of industry best practices
- An Analytical product manager, but keen on developing human-centered experiences and have strong product instincts
- Ability to inspire, motivate and lead
- Ability to communicate well, in both small and large groups
- Comfortable with giving and receiving candid feedback
- Experience wireframing conceptual products
- Experience writing product specifications for development teams
- Experience contributing to product roadmaps and backlogs
- Technical background with a detailed understanding of web and mobile platforms
- Solid understanding of digital analytics, data analysis and the research process
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) with varied audiences
- Strong affinity for sports and familiarity with competing products
- Interest in gambling, live streaming, data visualizations, esports and social media platforms
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.