OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox News Channel
FOX News Channel is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2018 as the most-watched basic cable network for the third consecutive year in both primetime and total day among total viewers, and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 68 consecutive quarters. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
We are seeking a Network Engineer to be part of a team responsible for delivering corporate network and security services for the data center and branch offices in a 24x7x365 environment. The role will encompass network design, engineering, performance management, capacity planning and forecasting for all network elements.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather, plan and assess current configuration.
- Deploy network services, with ownership of the delivery process for the entire product and service lifecycle.
- Configure and maintain all routers, switches, wired and wireless networks, firewalls, load balancers, and proxies.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal users including response to escalations.
- Work with outside vendors to successfully test and integrate new technology.
- Notify users of network issues and maintenance windows.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call support on a rotation basis.
- Track, report, and proactively address network capacity issues.
- Configure and utilize a variety of network management tools.
- Find and implement new technologies that simplify the network environment while improving security and performance.
- Fully document all changes to network topology.
- Analyze and recommend technologies for deployment across the enterprise.
- Network capacity planning, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provision new circuits for Internet, WAN, MAN, and MPLS.
- Create and maintain up to date documentation of the network environment detailing configuration of deployed solutions.
- Fast isolation and resolution of network routing, switching, security, load balancing, and quality of service issues.
- Drive the continual evolution and support of the disaster recovery plan for consistency between sites.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience with Foundry.
- Experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- 5 years solid experience in design, provisioning and troubleshooting of LAN/WAN.
- Hands-on experience with routers, switches, firewalls, and VPNs.
- Must be familiar with configuring and design of routing and switching solutions including, but not limited to, ACLs, VLANs, Port Security, Traffic Policing, IP Multicast.
- Solid understanding of OSPF and BGP routing protocols for routed protocols IPv4.
- Good knowledge of Wireless technology.
- Experience with Next Gen firewalls.
- Must have an understanding of TCP/IP, routing, access control lists, security, firewalls and network traffic analysis.
- Off-hour support as required as we are a 24/7, 365 shop.
- BS in Computer Science with minimum of 5 years experience designing, implementing, and maintaining high-performance data networks.
- Experience installing and configuring Foundry and cisco equipment.
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Willingness and ability to teach and train others.
- Meticulous and careful in their work
- Ability to time-slice between multiple requests.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.