OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Coordinator, Media Relations (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Coordinator to support the Media Relations team with publicity for FX Networks programming. Responsibilities includes distributing program listings, programming alerts, and show clips/teasers; writing monthly highlights; booking satellite media tours; selecting clips; helping arrange conference calls, set visits and photo shoots; and creating and maintaining status reports.
- Collect and edit press materials (e.g., lead story, bios) for assigned series.
- Create and maintain individual show status reports.
- Update and maintain the FX Fact Sheet.
- Create and edit talent itineraries for appearances and events.
- Select electronic clips requested for talent media appearances, work with Legal to clear all clips for use, and notify studio partner(s) as needed.
- Collect and generate supporting materials for events (SDCC, ATX, NYCC, etc.).
- Oversee the distribution of programming schedules to the national TV listings media services and work with Media Relations team on writing and distributing monthly programming highlights.
- Hire, train and oversee media relations interns (2-3 interns year-round).
- Distribute promotion clips and teasers to press.
- Four year college degree required, preferably in communications or related field.
- At least 2 years of work experience in a television network publicity department required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and superior interpersonal skills.
- Must be professional, adaptable and reliable.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet navigation.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends as needed to assist with events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.