OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
This position is responsible for assisting the Senior Vice President, Creative Music and Production with administrative tasks. Duties include answering busy phones and maintaining phone logs; scheduling and coordinating meetings and appointments; drafting correspondence; preparing materials and notes prior to meetings; filing the retrieving department memos, reports and correspondence; processing expense reports; maintaining and ordering department supplies; processing invoices and onboarding vendors; and performing other duties, as assigned.
- Answers phones, directs calls, takes message and maintains phone logs
- Schedules and coordinates meetings
- Types and distributes correspondence
- Files and retrieves department memos, reports and correspondence
- Prepares and processes expense reports
- Maintains and orders department supplies
- Process and code new invoices through Coupa for approval
- Ensure prompt payment by monitoring invoice status
- Facilitate the onboarding of new vendors
- Work with finance to resolve any discrepancies or problems with vendor payment
- Assist any vendors that have inquiries about payment in a friendly and timely manner
- Prepare a monthly FLASH report for finance which tracks our Outside Creative / Ops costs.
- Placing phone calls to agents, managers and production companies to help reduce clearances, which would include talent clip clearances
- Organize and distribute music cue sheets to music production libraries and performance rights societies.
- Filing and distributing production memos, status reports and miscellaneous materials
- VO Talent scheduling / payment: Track and Code all AFTRA tickets and submit to finance for payment.Ensure all paperwork for talent is accurate and that submissions are made promptly
- Help organize meetings for various staff to meet with internal groups, production companies, record companies and outside vendors—may include ordering food
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Time management skills and attention to detail are crucial. Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize at a moment’s notice. Ability to complete tasks within deadlines, and to work well under pressure. Ability to manage large work load. Positive attitude and willingness to take on new tasks. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalency. A Bachelor’s degree or some college coursework is preferred
- A minimum of one administrative assistant experience is necessary
- Previous entertainment industry experience is preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational and project coordination skills are required
- Good attention to detail and follow-through skills are needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and FileMaker Pro is necessary
- A professional phone manner and good interpersonal skills are required
- A demonstrated ability to work in a confidential environment and use discretion in dealing with confidential marketing materials
- The ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines is necessary
- The ability to work overtime is needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.