OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
The Big Ten Network (BTN) is searching for a Marketing Assistant to join their team in Chicago. This position is responsible for the administrative role of the Marketing Department including handling all correspondence and mailing, financial administrative work, awards entries, premium ordering, assisting with campus and summer interns and organizing BTN charitable contributions including giving tours of the network. Some night and weekend work required.
- Support the marketing department in general marketing activities including but not limited to staffing and execution of grassroots events, transportation and storage of marketing materials, Big Ten Basketball Tournament, Big Ten Football Championship, Big Ten Football Media Days, and BTN Big10k
- Assist the Consumer Marketing Manager with delivery and execution of creative on-air and off-channel efforts
- Work with ad sales department on marketing support for upfronts
- Assist in the coordination of contest submissions - tracks all appropriate and relevant contests, obtains necessary information and deadlines for entry, supports the preparation of materials for submission, fills out check request, coordinates approvals, and ensures timely delivery
- Oversees marketing award entries including write-ups, PowerPoint and submission
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator in execution of school marketing efforts including delivery and tracking of marketing materials to the campuses, day to day communicating of the campus interns including training, charting their progress and activities, working with HR on evaluations and paperwork
- Open EA’s as directed and maintain tracking sheets
- Facilitates communication with vendors and other departments
- Coding and processing project invoices
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Communications or Advertising or 1-3 years of experience in the TV industry or in an administrative role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment working with different personalities that require different levels of support
- Ability to handle periods of high stress and last minute decisions and/or changes without losing momentum or the ability to effectively function
- Primarily works in a professional office environment - Occasionally required to assist in promotional activities outdoors or in other settings as part of event marketing and promotions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.