OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox Corporation is seeking a Manager, Special Events to join our Creative Services team in New York. This position supports the event planning teams by taking on complete projects or tasks within a larger event and plan multiple portions of large-scale meetings, hospitality programs, and projects to contribute to the overall success of these projects and programs. The role also oversees the department internship program and trains and manages two interns each semester.
The department manages events, corporate meetings, presentations, special projects, experiential marketing activations, webcasts and corporate hospitality events for the entire network including the departments of Fox Corporation.The Manager must be able to interact with all internal clients efficiently, diplomatically and with department goals in mind.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain event orders, budgets, recaps, print lists, vendor communications, BEO’s, production schedules, invoice and finance needs, and internal communications and approvals.
- Complete documents, ideas, and supporting materials in a timely and efficient manner to allow the events team to focus on multiple events and on the bigger picture while the details remain a priority.
- Independently execute and inclusive event planning for medium sized events. This includes, but is not limited to: location research, event conceptualization, research and selection of vendors, decor selection, coordinate with all aspects of production to ensure a smooth-operating event, manage food/beverage, seek permits within city restrictions, manage the budget, work with media outlets, work with a/v; direct security, valet, and print collateral.
- Ensure events are successful, the internal client’s goals are met, and the event is executed within budget with the highest quality of service and standards.
- Negotiate venue contracts, recommend plan of operation and logistics, design and plan multiple day programs for less than 100 guests (may include activities and off-site functions); manage registration and databases, coordinate with all aspects of the technical production to ensure a smooth-operating event.
- Manage budgets of approximately $100K, communicate with other departments on a daily basis, manage all or most aspects of food and beverage; direct the print department on collateral and gifts, oversee management of rooming lists, partner with the hotel to execute, and handle the pressure of task at hand with grace.
- In partnership with a senior team member, oversee on-site staff and operations (production crew, hotel personnel, vendors and suppliers), manage rooming list and the food and beverage, work with travel management or DMC team to ensure smooth air and ground travels; manage the daily expenditures to remain within budget, receive and unpack boxes, set up production offices, coordinate ground transportation, review the hotel bill with accounting.
- Interact with and manage vendors and PA's on-site, communicate with internal clients to achieve goals.
- Research new venues, vendor/venue pricing and new technologies as they relate to events. Find the newest venues, screening rooms, technologies and tools to execute up to date and timely events that exceed expectations.
- Create preliminary budgets for events and oversee budget management throughout the planning process; ensure that all billing is accurate post-event; debrief with the internal client and Creative Services team to make notes on what worked and what didn’t.
- Oversee the training of new coordinators in the Events department.
- Oversee internship program and lead the internship selection process and train two interns every semester; m anage intern workload and projects; approve time sheets and monitor hours for each intern.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- College Degree; 4-5 years experience in Corporate Events, 4 years office experience.
- Excellent communication skill required. Must be able to take the internal client’s goals and explain clearly to a vendor so the desired outcome is achieved. Must be able to organize thoughts and tasks on paper, in a way that is easy to exchange the information to other team members.
- Good negotiation skills needed. Expertise in event logistics is required.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, basic database applications, internet searches, Power Point, Drop Box, Slack.
- Must be organized and an excellent multi-tasker on multiple events at the same time; must be able to prioritize and perform in a fast-paced, ever-changing, high-pressure environment, take direction from multiple types of personas all while keeping a pleasant demeanor and always thinking 3 steps ahead of everyone else.
- A self-starter with excellent organizational skills, strong problem-solving skills, and able to manage workflow and priorities; Self-motivated and result-oriented.
- Ability to assume ownership of assignments (budget management, contract review and negotiation, venue scouting and research).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.