OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
Supporting FX Networks, FXNetworks.com is a multi-platform interactive entertainment, information and community destination that provides an extended experience to viewers featuring original content and digital experiences for FX/FXX Originals, Acquired Content and FXM Movie Content. Beyond FXNetworks.com, FX supports a larger digital ecosystem that includes social networking platforms, content partnerships, content for handheld and connected devices and emerging technologies. The Manager, Digital Platforms Content will help drive a new generation of digital viewing powered by our award-winning original programming. This position will be responsible for managing day-to-day operation of ingesting and distributing multiplatform content, creative and marketing priorities across multiple authenticated platforms and FXNetworks.com. From a product perspective this role requires passion for working on the latest technologies and services, collaborating with our internal team, business units, external vendors and technology partners to support new experiences for FX viewers. This position works closely with the Executive Director of Platforms to identify emerging consumer facing platforms in support of the digital marketing strategy for the network.
Multiplatform Content Management:
- Work with internal departments to incorporate network priorities in promotional areas across each platform.
- Manage the day-to-day ingestion and distribution of assigned multiplatform content across authenticated platforms, including handheld and connected devices.
- Support the development of creative digital assets for FX/FXX originals and FXM movies, working with internal departments and external vendors to acquire source materials while overseeing production and export in various formats per device specifications.
- Ensure quality brand presentation across all supported platforms.
- Ensure projects meet defined goals by creating and reviewing project plans, timelines, estimates and reporting issues blocking project completion as needed.
- Oversee core vendor documents and deliverables including project roadmaps, development timelines, milestones, specifications and digital asset requests.
- Support the development of promotional concepts for interactive marketing experiences and content marketing opportunities with stakeholders across FX Networks.
- Define requirements, KPIs, product goals, competitive analysis and entertainment industry research in collaboration with FX Marketing, Digital Media, and other business units as part of product oversight within FX.
- Stay current with industry trends, product and service innovations and best practices; be an in-house expert on the capabilities of common app platforms.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related work experience required.
- Must have digital product management experience.
- Must be familiar with consumer facing digital products; web, tablet, handheld, and CDO devices.
- Must have understanding of best practices for consumer app user experience and web based content.
- Must have well-rounded interpersonal skills and experience interacting with diverse personalities in fast pace collaborative working environment.
- Familiarity with Agile and Waterfall software development processes and related tools.
- Must be solution-oriented, highly motivated and a proactive self-starter.
- Must have exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Experience with budgeting and scope review from a product development perspective.
- Skills in Web Analytics systems (e.g. Omniture) as well as Microsoft Office.
- Must have strong familiarity with web technologies and previous development experience.
- Excel modeling skills, for developing business cases.
- Understanding of technologies underlying web, mobile and connected devices and thorough knowledge of prevailing and emerging consumer internet-related technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.