OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox Corporation is looking for an Executive Assistant, Distribution to be the primary support for the EVP of Marketing and National Accounts in Distribution and the secondary support to the President, Operations and Distribution. The assistant relieves executives of administrative functions and provides crucial support services. In addition, this position is responsible for coordinating a bi-weekly national sales call (including distribution of related minutes) with regional team members. Finally, the assistant provides a necessary link with the heads of content acquisition and their respective assistants at the top national distributors as relationships with these counterparts are crucial to the success of this department.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide executive support - calendar management, travel arrangements, expense reports, phones (including backup to other SVPs or VPs) - to allow executives to focus on increasing distribution and revenue
- Provide administrative support - fax support, mail, filing and copying, compose routine correspondence, tracking and other spreadsheet applications.
- Coordinate appointments, conference calls, meetings, and special events with counterparts at top national distributors; foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Obtain information and secure favorable treatment from distributors’ executives.
- Coordinate document production and retention with legal and finance departments; manage information flow between same (e.g., ensure finance, legal & business files are consistent and do not overlap, obtain immediate access to sensitive documents and know where they are at all times).
- Manage special events and event tickets as needed – coordinate event venue, client travel, budget approvals, industry dinners, affiliate entertaining, hospitality events.
- Communicate building issues/correspondence to entire staff.
- Provide consistent communication flow between departments.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Some college experience required.
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years’ experience as an assistant to an SVP or above, handling executive travel, calendar and other support functions; cable/entertainment/digital experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
- Organizational skills; basic spreadsheet skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Professional, self-starter, ability to multitask and prioritize, ability to think on one’s feet and know when to interrupt. Must be proactive and be able to stay calm under pressure.
- Familiarity with legal contracts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.