OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
As a key member of the Corporate Communications team, the Director, Corporate Communications is dedicated to driving a proactive, internally focused communications strategy in alignment with the team and in collaboration with Human Resources. The Director will manage a variety of campaigns, touch points, and platforms to ensure all FOX employees across the company remain informed about key priorities, long-term vision, areas of opportunity, and major business initiatives. In this role, you will partner with various business functions in support of key projects and initiatives.
We are searching for a dynamic and passionate communications professional with an exceptional track record of success in corporate communications and/or internal communications. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for writing as well as building and managing thoughtful, progressive internal communications programs that amplify the company’s business strategies as well as its mission, vision, and values.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Build strategic internal communications plans against business priorities and proactively execute against those plans.
- Develop and execute communication plans, strategic initiatives, and creative campaigns to inform and engage employees across FOX through a range of internal communications channels, including digital, town halls, and multi-media assets.
- Conceptualize and develop messaging and assets informed by broader company priorities and strategies.
- Draft, review, and edit a wide variety of communications materials.
- Oversee communication and engagement strategy for senior leadership across several business teams.
- Work across departments on coordinating messaging and internal company communications.
- Coordinate with all divisions of FOX.
What You Will Need
- A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years related experience, ideally with significant tenure in the media industry.
- Experience in Internal Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or Corporate Communications with excellent writing skills and experience managing relationships with senior leadership.
- Demonstrated success in building a successful internal corporate communications strategy.
- Strong communication and editing skills with experience writing speeches, talking points, and presentation outlines for senior executives.
- Ability to think strategically and execute communications with purpose.
- Must be able to interact with employees at all levels, including senior executives.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and function effectively in a fast- paced, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to strategize, manage, and develop web and social content, including video.
- Attention to detail, highly-organized with creative instincts, a positive/can-do attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent writing skills, knowledge of AP Style Book.
- Digital media experience and familiarity with social marketing.
- Professional demeanor, with the ability to interact with multiple constituencies and juggle many projects simultaneously; experience remaining calm under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.