OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Networks Group
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Digital Content Coordinator (Media) facilitates the workflow of Fox Sports West and Prime Ticket by performing daily tasks needed to keep our file-based system running smoothly. These tasks primarily include: media ingest; dailies prep; archiving and restoring media; managing LTO tape library; file conversion; DVD creation; troubleshooting non-linear editing & server systems; booking & scheduling broadcast feeds ; file delivery via FTP.
- Maintain digital media assets coming from the following: incoming feeds, outside vendors, ftp servers (to and from). The digital media assets are monitored via the Avid Interplay Access program. Media is moved, deleted, organized, archived and restored.
- Fulfill daily footage requests from various sources including (but not limited to): production, team partners, sales, other regions, and other external entities.
- Coordinate with production, operations, and engineering to book original programming and game route-out feeds, and perform other basic production functions.
- Maintenance of local & cloud-based servers.
- A high school diploma or equivalency is required. A Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on broadcast communications is preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience as a Production Assistant with a broadcast or cable network is preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills are needed, including the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Reasonable mathematical skills required. Reasonable knowledge of computer data & systems operations is needed.
- The role requires knowledge of various digital media formats, broadcast technologies, post-production workflows, internet file delivery, and a clear understanding of non-linear editing.
- Background in archiving and/or media management networking is highly recommended.
- Knowledge in maintaining Avid Media Composer, Interplay Capture, Nexis, and Interplay Access is necessary.
- Thorough understanding of EVS operation is a plus, as is general sports knowledge.
- Flexible hours/schedule and weekend and holiday shifts will be required.
- Must be knowledgeable in areas of technical production, and familiar with basic production equipment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.