OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Sales Coordinator – Private Jet and Partnerships is a key member of the National Geographic Expeditions sales team which is responsible for selling a variety of travel products. This Sale Specialist will be primarily responsible for selling Private Jet Expeditions and other product lines through International GSAs/travel agency partners, and via industry partnerships. He/she is responsible for discussing various trip itineraries with interested travelers and coordinating reservations to generate revenue through bookings.
- Phones: Answer phone calls from International GSAs, Industry Partners and travelers. Discuss various trip types in detail. Learn more about the caller’s needs and interests in order to recommend the best trip option. Check availability with operators when necessary. Collect detailed traveler information including payment information. Process bookings. Place travelers on the waitlist. Secure bookings to generate revenue.
- Email: Answer emails from International GSAs, Industry Partners and travelers. Discuss various trip types in detail. Learn more about the client’s needs and interests in order to recommend the best trip option. Check availability with operators when necessary. Schedule follow-ups. Collect detailed traveler information including payment information. Process bookings. Place travelers on the waitlist. Secure bookings to generate revenue.
- Data: Enter and maintain accurate trip, passenger, and inventory information in our multiple databases. Manage holds, waitlists, and long-term follow ups. Send confirmation emails. Share booking information with other teams. Accurate data.
- Internal Communication: Communicate with other team members regarding inventory, waitlists, bookings, etc. Discuss trips in more detail with other departments. Check inventory. Train on new trip offerings. Meet with external operators to discuss destinations. Secure bookings to generate revenue.
- Sales Resources: Update sales team’s information for trips and destinations. Create processes and manuals for the team. Secure bookings to generate revenue.
- Overflow/Back-Up for Land, Family, Active and Private Expeditions.
- Other administrative tasks as necessary to support the team.
- Special projects as assigned by managers.
- B.A. degree and 1-2 years of related experience and/or training required. Background in sales, customer service, travel, or working with luxury-oriented clients required. Some international travel experience is required.
- Impeccable oral communication skills and strong writing skills. Spanish language skills preferred. Must be able to present complicated information in a clear and simple manner. Must be comfortable speaking on the phone. Rapport and conversational skills a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions for challenging situations. Invoicing and budgeting experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Office, Excel, PowerPoint and common Internet browsers and applications. A background using QuickBase, Peak 15, or other databases or CRM software is a plus.
- The candidate must be extremely organized and able to manage his/her time efficiently. He/she must be incredibly detail-oriented and demonstrate kindness and patience when working with clients. He/she must be able to work well under pressure. He/she must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team. He/she must be committed to delivering the highest level of quality and service to clients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.