OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
Do you enjoy sales and overcoming objections? Do you enjoy the ‘hunt’ for new business? Do you have 3 plus years Corporate Sponsorship, network, digital sales and/or agency experience in sports or entertainment. If so, we may have an opportunity for you.
Home Team Sports (HTS) is currently seeking an Account Executive (AE) to join their team in Atlanta. You would be responsible for revenue growth for all HTS linear and digital offerings, through sales to agencies and client direct relationships. You would develop a solid understanding of HTS integrated Linear & Digital offerings, utilizing superb consultative selling skills and addressing client needs to generate revenue. Building a productive sales pipeline, developing and managing highly effective account relationships, and driving linear & digital revenue are key responsibilities. You would be held accountable to monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals as outlined each year by HTS Senior Management and these expected revenue measures will serve as proof of performance and success for the role. Additionally, you would be expected to train, lead, and manage the Client Services Representative (CSR/Sales Planner) in accomplishing their daily tasks of maximizing revenue growth and converting client prospects into revenue-driving partners.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly in charge of generating new or incremental Linear and Digital revenue, through direct client contacts and all layers at the Media Agencies (Planning and Investment)
- Create, develop and implement new concepts, packages, and platforms in collaboration with all complementary internal groups, to present to agencies and clients on behalf of HTS in order to generate revenue - develop innovative digital sales strategies and opportunities tailored specifically HTS products that expand beyond the existing scope of HTS client solutions
- Ensure optimal market coverage by participating in client activities, trade association events and socials, and any ancillary activities that can assist in better visibility and revenue growth
- Aggressively pursue, develop, and maintain effective business relationships across all agency and client layers in the digital media marketplace. Work and develop revenue through new target growth categories, as assigned by Director, Ad Sales, and assist in developing new accounts for HTS business through agencies - these business relationships include but are not limited to; linear & digital agencies, strategy teams, sports marketing or sponsorship teams, brand managers, agency buyers, agency planners, and client-direct relationships
- Create, develop and implement new concepts, packages, and platforms in collaboration with all complementary internal groups, to present to agencies and clients on behalf of HTS in order to generate revenue
- Develop innovative digital sales strategies and opportunities tailored specifically HTS products that expand beyond the existing scope of HTS client solutions
- Serve as an expert consulting resource for all HTS linear & digital offerings and assist the HTS internal teams, HTS representation partners, agencies, and clients to better understand and utilize such offerings
- Tasked with developing relationships with other media technology companies, agencies, startups, etc. and subsequently developing strategic partnerships and revenue opportunities
- Develop, cultivate and build strong relationships with other corporate and major media entities on cross-sales platforms and promotional opportunities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in (preference in Sports Media, Communications, Marketing or related fields
- 3 or more years of Corporate Sponsorship, network, digital, sales and or agency experience in sports or entertainment field is required, with previous experience in TV is a plus
- Emphasis on new business development, calling on client prospects in the Southeast Region
- Establish contacts at Senior client and agency level
- Interest in and general understanding of the sports industry, and current contacts within the business sectors is strongly recommended
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, presentation, public speaking, and project management skills are imperative to this role
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office computer applications, including Word and Outlook is necessary
- Must have the ability for analytical reasoning of sales and research data (CPM, impressions, site metrics, data analysis, etc.), and must be technologically savvy with propensity for understanding new technology platforms and how they apply to our business model
- A proven ability to develop and maintain successful internal and external business relationships is essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.