LOCATION: Tween Valley Christian School, near Taber, AB
CLOSING DATE: open ended
Are you looking for an educational leadership opportunity in an independent
private school in southern Alberta? Tween Valley Christian School is seeking an
advocate for recently emigrated Low German families who desire to have their
children in an ESL Christian educational environment. Applications are invited for
the position of principal effective August 24, 2019.
Tween Valley Christian School is located in southern Alberta in the Taber, Alberta area. The school serves a student population of 220 from K — 12 with a professional staff complement of 11 certificated teachers and 4 educational assistants.
We are looking for a Christian individual who has successful experience in rural communities, school-based leadership, can build upon the current strengths of the school, and can work towards literacy and language improvement through common school goals and Christian initiatives. Must possess a valid permanent Alberta Teacher's Certificate.
- 1) Has experience and appreciation in, ethnic, cultural and English as a second language environment, would be an asset.
- 2) Will work closely with the local school board and the community to build relationships in order to create a positive, inviting school environment that is integrated into the life of the community.
- 3) Will actively seek local partnerships to create innovative program opportunities to engage and challenge students to promote a sense of pride and accomplishments.
- 4) Is a strong instructional leader who will work with staff to ensure that students have a high quality learning experience in a strong Christian environment.
- 5) Leads by example and is active in the life of the total school program.
- 6) Has a minimum of 5 successful years of teaching.
- 7) Salary to be negotiated.
Your resume must include work experience, education and three references. Please direct all inquiries to Dennis R. Dyck, TVCS Principal, by phone at 403-223-9571.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year