TWA is a downtown Vancouver based and full-service immigration consulting firm committed to providing its clients with tailored immigration services on complex matters. As a uniquely talented professional team, we provide sophisticated immigration services such as immigration representation in English and Chinese to a broad spectrum of clients from individuals to corporations.
Our firm's practice areas are diverse, including but not limited to investor immigration, refugee and asylum protection, and almost all kind of immigration appeals. We are looking for outstanding, honest and detail oriented clerical assistants and immigration legal/administrative assistants to join our team in downtown Vancouver.
- Maintain immigration counsels' calendar for client appointments and other meetings;
- Assist counsels in preparing application forms, interviewing clients and disclosure records;
- Assist in preparing documents for case conferences and hearings in immigration court/tribunals;
- Open and manage clients' files and perform data-entry for immigration cases;
- Manage communication with immigration authorities/tribunals to obtain clients' records/ notes;
- Perform duties with a high level of confidentiality, privilege and discretion;
- Respond to clients' inquiries by phone/ email;
- in charge of incoming and outgoing emails and emails;
- Business plan development/writing for investor immigrants; and
- Perform other general and administrative duties as required
- Completion of post-secondary school is required
- Bachelor's degree or above is an asset
- Graduation from a recognized legal assistant training course or a related discipline is a critical asset, or equivalencies/experience in lieu will be highly considered
- Graduation from economics, business, finance or law major is a definite asset
- Previous work experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary is a definite asset
- Outstanding proficiency in English both oral and written is required, excellent English writing skills is an asset
- Proficiency in Chinese both oral and written is required, as a majority of our clients are from Chinese communities
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Calendar or Google system are required.
- 40 working hours per week (Full-time & Permanent position) starting from a range of $15 ~ $230 per hour subject to the personal capacity and competency of the candidate.
- 10 days paid vacation per year; medical benefits / dental benefits / group insurance benefits, and life insurance benefits; conditions may apply
How to Apply
- Send resume by e-mail ONLY
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Administrative Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)
- Chinese (Preferred)