Position Title: Digital Media Producer II
Division: Digital Learning
Department: Interactive Digital Media
Reports To: Director, Interactive Digital Media
Salary Range: $67,137.20 - $85,685.60
Location: Toronto, Yonge & Eglinton (on the Yonge subway line)
As the Government of Ontario’s partner in digital learning, TVO’s vision is to create a better world through the power of learning.
TVO’s powerful learning products and services, rooted in the curriculum, help build an Ontario that can adapt, innovate, and compete globally. Our in-depth current affairs journalism from an Ontario perspective supports citizen engagement and a robust democracy. TVO is funded primarily by the Province of Ontario and is a registered charity supported by sponsors and thousands of donors. For more information, visit tvo.org.
The Digital Media Producer II is responsible for the preparation, development and creation of multi-platform content that meets editorial, artistic, intellectual and technical quality standards within an approved budget and/or resource allocation, and ensuring its accuracy and consistency of tone.
Assigns and coordinates the work of a team to ensure content projects are delivered on time and within scope; assigns freelancers
Oversees the daily production schedule
- Researches, proposes, develops, writes, edits, and collaborates on daily and longer-term content in a variety of formats
- Generates content ideas
- Creates, selects and edits photos, graphics, video and audio; creates interactive elements
- Organizes, posts, updates and curates content to maximize traffic; writes and edits display copy
- Proposes, develops and organizes innovative approaches to generate content quickly in response to emerging issues and developing technologies
- Responds to peak audience periods to promote engagement and build community on various platforms with content tailored for each (e.g. digital, broadcast, social media)
- Coordinates with other departments/program contributors to ensure seamless execution of cross-department, multi-platform content
Consults on video planning and production
Ensures metadata and texts are search engine optimized (SEO)
Collaborates with website developers to maximize user experience consistent with site architecture
- Liaises with Media Research Team or others as appropriate to ensure proper and accurate clearance of all material used
As required, performs the following tasks:
- Creates micro-sites to promote engagement and build community
- Performs on and/or off camera including voice overs
- Directs interviews in studio or in the field
Directs the editing and mixing of audio and visual/graphic elements
- Guides and mentors content producers
Performs other directly related duties
Performs tasks of a lower classification
7+ years’ work experience as an digital content producer
- College or University graduate (or equivalent experience) in Digital Media, Writing, Communications, etc.
5+ years’ work experience leading a team and assigning and organizing work
Deep knowledge of media and the educational landscape
Superior command of platform-specific digital storytelling and multimedia presentation techniques
Outstanding analytical and communication skills
- Must be able to establish priorities and work efficiently under pressure to meet tight and shifting deadlines
Strong initiative and ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and/or mentor individuals or team
Superior interpersonal and negotiating skills, coupled with a proven ability to build partnerships with external organizations and to promote TVO goals and values
Understanding of multimedia and video production workflows
Solid understanding of digital content and user experience best practices for online learning
Strong understanding of digital file formats and how to gather and edit media such as video, audio and photos
Video and audio recording skills are an asset
Demonstrates TVO's values of Excellence & Innovation, Ownership, Collaboration, Trust and Respect
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a current resume by the stated date at 5:00 p.m.
For Additional information about TVO please check out our website at TVO.org to access all of our web properties.
TVO is an equal opportunity employer and will endeavour to accommodate job applicants with disabilities through the People & Culture Division. Upon request, all job postings will be made available in alternative format.
TVO is committed to achieve a skilled workforce reflective of the population of Ontario.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.