The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music festivals, we are where Canadians live, work and play.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The Source IT is a fast-paced team that delivers projects to enable our stores and head office associates to provide excellence in consumer electronics sales and customer service. We liaise with internal clients and manage supplier engagements, to enable the business and our other IT delivery groups through infrastructure and technology solutions. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for the successful delivery of technical projects. This includes managing all aspects of the project lifecycle, using The Source solution delivery methodology, to deliver projects on time, on budget, within scope, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
The Project Manager will assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of IT infrastructure projects based on the following:
- Accountability for the delivery of IT infrastructure projects. This includes oversight of both internal and external delivery teams along with internal business stakeholders and testers.
- Working collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, internal departments and vendors to secure project funding, define project deliverables, including overseeing all design, configuration/development, and implementation activities
- Build and maintain project budget and schedule, determine resource requirements and associated gaps.
- Identify and manage project risks, costs, and benefits through planning, schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, and fund allocation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional project team members and liaise with various functional domains such as Architecture/Security, Operations, Business Apps, Merchandising, Marketing, Sales, Finance, eComm, BI, etc. to maximize the likelihood of project success. Actively participate in identifying solutions or initiating appropriate escalation where required.
- Provide relevant and high-quality project governance and communication to sponsors, executives and project team members, including; key project milestones, issue logs, budget reports, weekly status reports and risk assessments/contingency plans.
- Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes throughout the project life cycle
- Ultimately – drive the project to a successful conclusion: On time, on budget and on spec.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Drive: Tenacious, constantly looking for ways to maintain project forward momentum by removing obstacles and roadblocks.
- Leadership: Ability to work independently, be proactive and take initiative when necessary. Ability to lead all team members to align actions with the needs of the project.
- Flexibility: Flexible during times of change. Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Problem Solving: Proven ability to solve complex problems via face-to-face, phone or email. Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities.
- Customer Service: Proven effective customer service and communication (oral and written) skills are essential; ability to remain calm during crisis situation.
- Organization Skills: Be able to handle multiple projects, tasks, and streams simultaneously. Ability to organize, prioritize and stay focused.
- Planning: Proven facilitation and planning skills.
- Coaching & Leadership: Proven ability to motivate and direct teams and negotiate with vendors. Strong coaching and leadership skills – experience with coaching and leading indirect reports in a matrix project structure.
- Self-Starter: Ability to work independently, be proactive and take initiative when necessary.
- Attention to Detail: Must be analytical and detail oriented, with the ability to perform work accurately and recognize and solve problems quickly
- 4-year university/college program in Computer Science or Computer Studies
One or more of the following certifications:
- PMP Project Management Professional
- CAPM Certified Associate in Project Management
- PRINCE2 Practitioner
- CPM / MPM Certified / Master Project Manager
- Extensive experience with enterprise security architecture
- Extensive understanding of TCP/IP and other networking/communication protocols
- Microsoft Software, Active Directory 2003+, MS Exchange 2007+, Windows Server 2003+, Hyper-V, MS clustering, SQL Server 2003+, Desktop O/S: Windows 7, Vista, Windows 10
- Monitoring Tools: MS SCOM, HP SIM, HP Openview
- Service Request and Incident Management Systems: Service Desk Plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in directly managing infrastructure deployment and projects
- Success in owning major deployments in a large, distributed environment
- Success in leading at least one re-platforming project is required
Normal office environment. This position normally works with prescheduled job assignments, under pressure of strict deadlines in a sometimes noisy and hectic environment. Mid to high levels of concentration when troubleshooting incoming questions and issues pertaining to systems and production applications. Must be flexible to work holidays or various shifts, days, afternoons and early mornings as required. May be required to work a shift alone to cover for holidays and vacations. Overtime may occur without warning if problems arise and may lead to extended hours depending on the nature of the problem.
Job location : Barrie, Ontario & Toronto, Ontario
Position Type: Contractor
Position: Contractor, Project Manager - IT Infrastructure and Security - The Source
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Bradford || Canada : Ontario : Innisfil || Canada : Ontario : Newmarket || Canada : Ontario : Richmond Hill || Canada : Ontario : Thornhill || Canada : Ontario : Vaughan
Application Deadline: 05/20/2019
As Canada's neighborhood tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home, we're proud to offer a competitive compensation package including an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected.