The Source is Canada’s largest tech retailer, and every day we come into work excited to share cool tech and amazing brands with our fellow Canadians. From your local shopping centre to cool music festivals, we are where Canadians live, work and play.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The Project Manager will assume overall responsibility for the successful delivery of IT Projects, on time, on spec, on budget, and on quality.
Duties and responsibilities
- Accountable for the delivery of IT projects. This includes oversight of both internal and external delivery teams along with internal business stakeholders and testers.
- Work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, internal departments and vendors to secure project funding, define project deliverables, including overseeing all design, development and implementation activities
- Build and maintain project budget and schedule, determine resource requirements and associated gaps.
- Identify and manage project risks, costs, and benefits through planning, schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, and fund allocation.
- Provide leadership and guidance to cross-functional project team members and liaise with various functional domains such as Architecture/Security, Operations, Business Apps, Merchandising, Marketing, Sales, Finance, eComm, BI, Human Resource, etc. to maximize the likelihood of project success. Actively participate in identifying solutions or initiating appropriate escalation where required.
- Provide relevant and high-quality project governance and communication to sponsors, executives and project team members, including; key project milestones, issue logs, budget reports, weekly status reports and risk assessments/contingency plans.
- Respond to issues and manage the customer’s expectations regarding any changes throughout the project life cycle
- Ultimately – to drive the project to a successful conclusion: On time, on budget, on spec, and on quality.
- Take ownership of systems or changes post delivery.
- College diploma or university degree - Computer Science or computer related diploma
- A minimum of 5-7 years of IT Project Management.
- Proven ability to manage large scale and complex projects lasting 6 to 12+ months in duration and requiring cross-functional teams of 10 to 20 or more people in a matrix environment.
- Success at managing multiple vendors to deliver complex projects.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies (waterfall and agile) and best practices (e.g. PMI), proficiency using Project Management Tools including MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and MS Project and a strong understanding of the Project Life Cycle. Formal project management training is required; PMI/PMP certification is not required but is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in Information Technology, along with background knowledge of the retail industry enabling you to appropriately guide project requirements, identify risks and direct analysis is desirable.
- Have or gain quickly knowledge and understanding of The Source’s systems, network, IT and Operations processes
- Effective in both oral & written communication to manage the project horizontally and vertically within The Source
- Analytical and detail oriented with a strong ability to recognize and solve problems quickly
- Proven facilitation, planning & organization skills
- Proven ability to motivate and direct large teams and negotiate with vendors
- Solid time management and prioritization skills
- Initiative, flexibility, and a positive attitude
- Strong coaching and leadership skills – experience with direct reports
- Ability to manage ambiguity, uncertainty and changing priorities
- General knowledge of retail management processes, along with ERP, POS systems, and eCommerce.
- Experience in directly managing application development as well as infrastructure components that can impact the project.
- Success in owning major deployments in a retail context is required.
- Knowledge of The Source retail stores products and services is an asset
- Knowledge and experience in the following Systems will be an asset:
Oracle Retail (Retek)
ORDM (Oracle Retail Data Model)
POS (Point of Sale)
WMS (InFOR / Exceed)
Position Type: Contractor
Position: Contractor, Project Manager - IT Delivery - The Source
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Application Deadline: 05/27/2019
As Canada's neighborhood tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home, we're proud to offer a competitive compensation package including an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected.