TCS is a growing company present in Southern Ontario offering services to the construction industry at large. In particular, we are looking for operators to work within the manufacturing division that produces material for the concrete forming industry.
Salary - 18-22 $/hr
We are currently looking for a CNC Vertical Mill Operator to join our growing team! This position reports to the Fabrication supervisor and is based in Newmarket.
The CNC Vertical Mill Operator is responsible for effectively and accurately machining parts on CNC Vertical Mill.
This is for a full-time position.
Monday - Friday 7:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and fabricate metal parts as required by the specifications
- Setup and operate CNC Vertical Mill in accordance with approved safe work procedures
- Work from process sheets, blueprints, and/or verbal instructions
- Maintain a safe and clean work area, report any broken pieces of equipment
- Read micrometres, callipers, etc.
- Check for tolerances
- Operate CNC machine to work with aluminum profiles
- Conduct pre-shift inspection of CNC machine and ensure machines are working properly and efficiently
- Load and unload materials from CNC machine
- Check for quality issues as materials run through the machine
- Work in accordance with daily operational requirements
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and quality
To be successful you will need to be able to:
- Work in a production environment
- Stand, walk, reach, stoop, bend and crouch as needed
- Move and lift product frequently
- Workday shift (7:00 - 4:00)
- Work overtime as needed
- Minimum 1 year of experience on CNC Vertical Mill
- Must be comfortable working with large parts
- High school education as well as technical knowledge. Basic trigonometry is an asset.
- Ability to use measuring instruments such as edge finder, micrometres, gauge blocks, dial indicators, surface tester etc.
- Knowledge of drilling, taping, and milling tools as well as their respective parameters
- Must be able to work with tight tolerances
- Must be able to work overtime on an occasional basis
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour
- on CNC Vertical Mill: 1 year (Required)