Tayco is looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Team. We are looking for someone who is aligned with our core values of Ownership, Progressive, Efficient and Enjoyable Experiences.
The Director of Procurement is responsible for the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. The Director of Procurement coordinates his or her efforts with manufacturing, logistics and sales in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Responsibilities will include, in collaboration with Senior Leadership, the strategic forecasting, contract negotiation, development of purchasing policies and procedures for ensuring the availability of all necessary materials required to support the manufacturing process, release scheduling of inbound raw materials and components, and ensuring adequate stock levels for production requirements.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the purchasing activities of the organization
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures and control purchasing department budget
- Identify vendors of materials, equipment or supplies
- Establish and update an approved vendor/supplier database
- Manage the Production Planning and Materials Planning functions and develop and execute a supply plan that supports Customer demands and sales forecasts to meet company objectives
- Evaluate cost and quality of goods or services, i.e total cost of procurement.
- Negotiate or oversee the negotiation of purchase contracts
- Evaluate contracts to ensure compliance with legal requirements and organizational policies
- Monitor supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements
- Troubleshoot cost, quality and delivery concerns
Review and process claims against suppliers
- Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases
- Participate in the development of specifications for equipment, products or substitute materials
- Interview, hire and oversee training, performance appraisal of staff
- Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracting & Executing agreements to fulfill Day-to-Day business needs, primarily for High value specialty Materials & Services not available on existing agreements
- Managing project related teams and initiatives
- Commodity Management support (Assisting in Implementing process improvements and Supplier Integration, etc.)
- Lead improvement efforts as it relates to supply chain planning, eg. Vendor-managed inventory, point-of-use inventory, Kanban and visual replenishment. Occasionally leading and aiding in the development of and instituting optimized processes. Assigned areas of focus may include; systems, procurement operations, commodity management interfaces, materials, logistics, contract management, supplier management and contract administration.
- Develop and implement purchasing/inventory policies including the development, implementation and review of SOP's and KPI's. Establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain execution.
- Measure actual performance against targets on regular basis.
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve issues.
- Analyze inventory needs based on sales trends and inventory levels.
- Place purchase orders ensuring flow of inventory that guarantees optimum stock levels and meets turnover goals.
- Maintain an extensive database for all orders that is up to date and provides information for analysis and reporting.
- Provide product, storage and order information to all internal departments as requested.
- Stay current with internal and external factors impacting procurement function.
- Research and survey buying markets in order to source the most optimal suppliers, in accordance with business objectives. Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power.
- Perform cost and scenario analysis, and benchmarking
- Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Prepare and administer bids, requests for quote, requests for proposal, requests for information, and other vendor documentation.
- Manage service level agreements, scope of work, and contract terms with service providers.
- Calculate annual requirements for products or services and reconcile amounts against available budget.
- Advise departments and business units of lead time required to obtain products or services.
- Make alternate arrangements in the event of shortages or delayed deliveries to minimize impact on the organization.
- Ensure compliance to ISO9001 as it pertains to procurement of processes, products and services.
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
- Post Secondary education in Business, Finance, Engineering or Supply Chain Management
- 8 years progressive experience in a purchasing role. At least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Professional accreditation in Materials management (MRP, Procurement, Planning), Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) or completion of the educational program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada is required.
- Proven success in a supervisory or leadership role in Purchasing.
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, JIT, and/or Pull systems
- Comprehensive experience drafting vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- Considerable knowledge of laws, ordinances, and regulations pertaining to purchasing practices.
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Knowledge of the appropriate tools for grading, analyzing, and assessing materials, equipment, supplies, services, and other commodities.
- Familiarity with supply chain management (SCM) software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, and/or material requirements planning (MRP) software,
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Exceptional forecasting ability with strong analytical and interpretive skills.
- ERP user experience.
- Strong computer skills in a Windows environment. Proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of local and global markets for the industry.
- Advanced mathematical skills with ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, percentages and averages required. Ability top do trend analysis, correlations, and mathematical modeling.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments and key business partners.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations.
- Able to physically inspect company property and assets.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Work location is Etobicoke M9C 1H5
- Startegic impact in a growing company
- We offer Family Health and Dental Benefits
- Great people to work with!
Tayco endeavors to fill positions with the best available candidates who have the appropriate combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Tayco is committed to equity and values diversity. We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all genders and sexual orientations, persons with disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of a visible minority.