MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / COMPETENCIES
1. Responsible for software development involving the company’s Online Calculator and Ordering System (OCOS) applications and related systems.
2. Work with cross-functional OCOS Teams to define and document OCOS requirements.
3. Analyze, develop, test, debug, and validate new and modified programs to ensure a high quality of work with low failure rates.
4. Prioritize and work on multiple tasks or projects concurrently.
5. Create and maintain documentation including software requirements, test and validation documents, validation reports, technical manuals, and user manuals.
6. Ensure IT controls are in place and effective to satisfy internal and external regulations and standards (i.e., FDA, Sarbanes-Oxley, ISO, IEEE, etc.).
7. Adhere to procedures and work instructions to help ensure compliance to external regulations.
8. Able to work primarily in STAAR’s Monrovia office.
9. Accomplish job responsibilities with little supervision.
10. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with an Information Technology focus or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in software development as a Programmer or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience developing software in a cGMP, FDA, ISO regulated environment is preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in software verification and validation activities is preferred.
- Experience in software development projects utilizing formal software development lifecycle process and project management best practices.
- Experience in medical device software development and projects is preferred.
- Experience in software development on online applications and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems is preferred.
- Experience in design control projects is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Windows based desktop and server applications (i.e., MS Office, SQL Server, MySQL, IIS, etc.) is preferred.
- Self-motivated and independent worker who is able to meet project milestones and deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills to work on multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Strong knowledge of business applications including accounting, manufacturing, and distributions systems.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Unix/Linux servers and server applications is preferred.
- Working knowledge of UNIX operating system is preferred.
- Working knowledge of PICK, Unidata, Universe, or related systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of “System Builder” is preferred.
STAAR Surgical is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.