Enjoy a flexible schedule, easy payments, and the joy of getting paid to play with dogs. Earn up to 2x more when you offer dog boarding from your home. How it works: Ready to start having doggy sleepovers in your home? Most Rover sitters who offer dog boarding get a request within their first week. 1. Create your profile : Tell us what makes you a standout sitter and include details of your pet sitting experience. Upload high-quality photos of you, your pets, and your home. 2. Wait for review : We’ll review your profile and if it’s approved, congrats! Your profile is now live, and pet parents can start sending you requests for dog boarding stays. 3. Open for business : Earn up to $1,000 (or more) per month. Enjoy automatic payments on our secure platform and the flexibility to choose your own schedule. 4. Get ongoing support : We’re here for you every step of the way with 24/7 support, access to educational opportunities, and a whole team dedicated to your success. Frequently Asked Questions Why should I become a Rover sitter? We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the love of a dog. Overnight dog boarding is a great way to earn money doing something you love—playing with dogs! It’s a fun way to earn extra income, and is especially suited to people who already work from home—like stay-at-home parents—and freelance gig workers. Many Rover sitters consider themselves entrepreneurs, since with Rover you can run your own part-time dog boarding business with the support of a nationwide company. What are the requirements to offer dog boarding? This is a great opportunity for current freelance dog care providers, and others in the pet care industry such as vet techs and vet assistants. Rover dog sitters come from a variety of backgrounds and industries, including customer service, sales, retail, the restaurant industry (including barista, bartender, server, and waiter/waitress, restaurant host, hostess, bus, bus boy), messenger, bike messenger, delivery driver, finance, marketing, data entry, food runner, account manager, contract worker, cleaner, baby sitter, babysitter, caregiver, teacher, education, and intern. If you work from home or you're a student, recent grad, seasonal worker, contract worker, stay at home mom, stay at home dad--or you're just looking for flexible work, gig work, part-time work, seasonal work, a summer job or work to earn additional money on the side--Rover could be a great fit for you. If you're a nurse, healthcare professional, vet tech, vet assistant, or in any pet care field, you could make a side income with Rover while building your professional skills. Many Rover sitters have also worked at Care.com, Grubhub, Seamless, DoorDash, Eat24, Caviar, Munchery, Saucey, Google Express, AmazonFresh, Instacart, Sprig, Luxe, Zirx, Lyft, Uber, Wag, and Postmates. Rover sitters come from a variety of backgrounds, but successful sitters are dog lovers first. How much does it cost to become a Rover sitter? It's free to create your profile on Rover, and you keep 80% of your earnings. The other 20% helps us cover benefits for sitters, including the costs of processing payments and ongoing promotion of sitters on Rover—as well as Rover Support, 24/7 Trust & Safety coverage, and important site maintenance and product improvements.