RFI is looking for an Accounting Specialist to join our team in San Jose!
Do you consider yourself:
If this sounds like you, RFI, one of the United States top 20 Security & Integration companies is looking for you!
As an Accounting Specialist, your duties will include:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Accurate and timely processing of the Company’s invoices including coding, processing and research, and for providing a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
TYPICAL DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Create and maintain vendor information, including obtaining W-9 forms, business license, and certification of insurance.
- Review and process vendor invoices on a daily basis and generate payments in a timely manner.
- Monitor invoices to find and utilize available discounts as well as returns, credits and rebates.
- Coordinate with Purchasing Department to resolve any issues with vendor invoices and purchase order.
- Process and obtain releases/waivers for subcontractor payment.
- Regular communication with vendors via phone/email; research and resolve account status inquiries.
- Support accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices and employee expense reimbursements.
- Reconciliation of monthly vendor statements.
- Set up and establish payment terms for new customers.
- Process invoices, and provide copies to appropriate teams as directed.
- Prepare conditional releases and affidavits/payment applications as needed.
- Process and post customer payments by recording checks, credit card, ACH and EFT transactions.
- Work with internal and external customers to clear all holds that might cause delay to collections, e.g. releases/ waivers, vendor releases, contract, closeout, etc.
- Collection calls, following up via emails.
- Coordinate with Operation Managers/ Project Coordinator to make any necessary adjustments to invoices, such as credit note and retention adjustments.
- Request credit checks and established terms of all new customers.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers via phone and email.
- Reconcile generated invoices to appropriate customer portals when necessary.
- Maintain and update Accounts Receivable procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager.
Education, Work Experience and Requirements:
AA or BS/BA Degree or equivalent experience of 2-4 years. Basic understanding of GAAP accounting. Must have solid computer skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and an ERP system. Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus. Must have previous construction experience. Comfortable in collections and working with various personalities. Flexible personality and excellent customer service skills. Progress billing, experience in lien waivers/conditional releases preferred.
Additional Performance Evaluation Criteria:
In addition to competence in performance of job duties as listed, the following are also considered in evaluating overall performance.
- Teamwork, positive attitude toward others, and overall contribution to the success of RFI.
- Ability to handle work and solve problems within guidelines established by the Accounting Manager.
- Accuracy, timeliness and neatness of all assigned paperwork and computer input and output.
- Adherence to the principles of accrual accounting.
- Professional growth, manner and appearance.
- Protection of RFI confidentiality, discussing information on a “need-to-know” basis only with fellow employees, customers, or vendors.
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures.
What We Do:
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is a diversified multi-systems integrator that has been designing, installing, servicing and monitoring, technology-driven security and fire/life safety solutions for more than thirty years. Quality, value and innovation are the rock solid cornerstones of RFI. Since 1979, the company has been delivering integrated security and fire/life safety solutions throughout the Western United States. RFI maintains four regional offices located in Reno, Seattle, Sacramento, and San Jose.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Plans
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts with pre-paid debit cards
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Savings and Retirement
- 401(k) / Retirement Plan with Matching Program
- 529 for College Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Paid Holidays
In addition to all of the above benefits our employees enjoy
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Company Wellness & Rewards Program
- Student Loan Assistance Program
- Company Sponsored Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Employee Organized Events and Competitions
RFI Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. The Company is committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in Company operations and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship would result. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (408) 298-5400.