Red Bull has long been recognized as a leader in athlete marketing. The Athlete Marketing Specialist will work in tandem with the respective Manager aiming to maximize the output of the Red Bull Canada athlete roster. Through the execution of globally relevant athlete projects to locally inspiring activations and cross departmental athlete appearances, the Athlete Marketing Specialist role has been created to ensure our athletes are accessible for the benefit of the entire Red Bull Canada business.
- Own and manage 10 – 15 athlete partnerships from the Canadian roster
- Negotiate and manage new and existing agreements based on budgets and sports marketing strategy
- Schedule athlete performance / rehabilitation sessions
- Scout new potential athletes and new sporting playgrounds
- Maintain schedules for competitions, Red Bull Events, and athlete appearance requests
- Manage travel and high-performance requirements based on budgets and priorities
- Execute athlete activations specifically related to internal cross departmental requests
- Assist the sports marketing team in the development of annual business plans
- Create and manage forward thinking marketing plans for each athlete partnership for the duration of the term in cooperation with the athlete marketing manager
- Support the field in developing and executing specific regional Red Bull owned athlete projects and activations.
- Ensure each athlete has required branding tools and product at all times.
- Work in partnership with Media Network team to ensure that they are briefed on all athlete’s schedules for competitions, athlete projects, and initiatives.
- Develop and foster relationships with key opinion leaders within athlete and sport.
- Manage branding tool stocking and delivery ensuring all athletes have access to newest branding materials
- Create custom branding tools for top tier athletes and see through approval process
- Manage respective athlete and project budgets.
- Provide consistent updates on Red Bull Canada athletes news and achievements using Red Bull Sportsnet
- Support National Event Manager and Field Marketing Managers on various projects that pay back into both the athlete and sports program.
that matter most for this role:
2 years sport marketing experience or experience in a marketing related field
A strong understanding of the sports landscape in Canada, both traditional and action sports
Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills with a sharp attention to detail
Proven capacity to think strategically
Strong leadership, motivated by shared positive outcomes
Ability to manage a budget and meet demanding deadlines
Strong prioritization and organizational skills
Proficiency in MS excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
Creative, innovative and open-minded
An understanding of sports-performance, specialist knowledge and experience
Motivated, capable of working in a team, friendly, loyal, communicative, able to think critically in stressful situations, calm
Bilingual is an asset
Travel up to: 50%
JOIN THE TEAM
In your application we want to see your personal style - what makes you tick and why you think your next opportunity is here with us.
Red Bull Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.