This job is the perfect mix of technical design and sales challenge!
Do you want to be part of the success of a VERY dynamic company and want to be challenged? We have the perfect opportunity for you! Planiform Conveyors is looking for a Mechanical Sales Engineer!
The most important task of the Mechanical Sales Engineer will be to fully understand the needs of Planiform's clients and along with the sales team, design and develop the perfect solutions. Providing the best solutions to our clients has always been the reason Planiform has been awarded its biggest contracts. Not only the perfect candidate will be a people person, he/she will also have the strong technical background this position requires.
Planiform Conveyors was established more than 50 years ago and provides garment conveyor systems to distribution centers, retail stores and industrial laundries. Our systems can be automated or manual and are often custom fitted to the client's needs. Although Planiform's sales are mainly in the US and Canada, we do have clients worldwide. Planiform has been and is still in a major and considerable growth and now counts almost 50 awesome and very happy employees!
- Listen and understand the client's needs,
- Brainstorm (often starts on a whiteboard) with the team and design a preliminary system.
- Be able to communicate a complex design to the customer by finding a way to make it simple.
- Provide a 2D and/or 3D sales drawings for the clients.
- Elaborate a proposal for the client which sometimes can take weeks, depending on the size of the project.
- For all projects sold, assist the engineering department and make sure they develop and produce the system as it was sold.
- Work with various organizational departments including engineering, R&D and production in order to determine how products may be modified or improved to better suit customer needs.
- Participate in the meeting with the sales team leader to develop and implement a sales plan/strategy on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis in order to determine if the sales targets have been reached.
- Travel occasionally to meet local and international customers (engineers or upper management).
- Establish strong customer relationships with new and existing customers.
- Attend a few trade shows throughout the year, mainly in the USA.
- Especially in a technical industry such as ours, making our clients feel our positive vibe and happiness is very important.
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in mechanical engineering OR any relevant field of study.
- 1 to 2 years of sales experience in a manufacturing industry (asset).
- *Imperative* Perfect English (written and spoken).
- Strong communication skills.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a valid driver's license.
- Self-motivated and commitment to ongoing learning.
- The candidate must be willing to relocate in the greater Montreal area.
- Competitive salary (base salary + commission).
- Comprehensive insurance (Medical, vision, dental, life and disability).
- RRSP program.
- Possibility of paid sick leave.
- The business is close during the holidays.
- Possibility of supplementary paid days during the December holiday period.
- Possibility to have your safety boots paid by the employer.
- Working in an awesome team with an amazing ambiance.
- An opportunity of tackle challenges in a company that is growing!
Type d'emploi : Temps Plein