Who We Are:
PlanetArt's mission is to be the leading online destination for personalized invitations, announcements, home decor and other customized products. We provide consumers with unmatched tools and content and an unparalleled end-to-end customer experience that result in high-quality and meaningful finished products and memorable celebrations of life events. Visit www.planetart.com to learn more.
We are looking for a detail oriented, enthusiastic graphic designer who has an understanding of e-commerce with a minimum of 5 years design experience.
The successful candidate will have a portfolio that includes both digital, UI, and traditional print/packaging projects that showcase problem solving skills, unique concepts, and outstanding typography. Must possess advanced digital production/retouching skills to succeed in a deadline sensitive environment.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in the development/brainstorming of unique and innovative concepts based on pre-determined business objectives.
- Execute non-template projects from start to finish.
- Create high-quality print/digital ads & emails, direct mail pieces & packaging, front-facing graphics, features and UI for websites and apps.
- Help oversee in-house photoshoots and selection of stock photography.
- Develop internal brand books.
- Work closely with Art Director, copywriters, marketing and developers to ensure optimal outcome for final materials.
- Collaborate on implementation of website/email marketing A/B tests to increase sales performance and improve customer experience
- Proactively seek necessary information on project requirements to ensure clarity and alignment on timelines, deliverables and assets
- Assist the Creative Director and Art Director with the planning and implementation of projects.
What You Should Have:
- B.F.A or B.A. degree in art, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of design experience, with a portfolio that shows digital & print projects.
- Ability to design non-template concepts from scratch.
- Excellent typography skills, a great eye for color, layout and details.
- A thorough understanding of branding.
- Expert skills in Adobe Suite: Photoshop CS5, Illustrator CS5, InDesign CS5.
- Previous experience with e-commerce and UI/UX highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Illustration and sketching skills are a plus.
- Photo styling experience a plus.
- Photography experience and understanding of set design a plus.
- An ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with high-quality work.
- Advanced digital production skills: Thorough knowledge of all facets of digital art, commercial printing, graphic reproduction and production techniques.
- Must be a self-motivator, possessing the ability to work effectively with little supervision.
How To Apply:
If you would like to work in a creative, collaborate, high-growth environment, PlanetArt's Graphic Designer role may be for you! Please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- design: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off